George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Can i change my username to MackworthRamWasGod...

I reckon after the way he was treated before his holiday he posted yesterday on the wind up saying he will sign today, i wouldnt blame him.

But i cant take it anymore, i genuinly am goin insane over this saga...i dont think i care if we dont get him anymore, i just want this thread closed and then we can sign someone!

I think id raise a smile if Paul Thirlwell made a return at this rate.

I wouldn't sweat it so much. If we don't get Thorne, I'm sure our management has equal or better options in mind. Christie came out of nowhere, and so too might a great Thorne  alternative. 

Still hope we get him, but the saga is not worth the heartburn. A year from now, we'll be in the Premiership and we can go on WBA's forum to crow about which players we'll pick off their relegated bones!

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I would like to clarify.

I can swear to you all that I have not lied.

I wouldn't go to the hassle of creating an account to do that.

Someone I know is very close friends with a first team squad member.

Thats how I know what I do.

Hughes 4 year deal, Brysons new contract. Yes it would have been easy to guess Brysons new deal? But nearly every Derby fan to a man was convinced he was going. Hughes 4 year deal. Could anyone else guess he would sign one and the length of contract? No.

Thats the information I was told.

Thorne I was told was more than likely to sign today. But definitely will sign this week.

I apologise if you think I am lying, I can understand when I tell you one thing then give another update.

But it is genuinely what I am hearing.

I can promise you all now, I am not a liar.

I trust my source 120% and whilst he said he was more than likely to sign today he did also say it could be this week.

I honestly can assure you that Thorne will sign this week.

And no I am not covering every possibility as its been suggested. As Thorne could sign next week, the week after or not at all. 

But Thorne will sign this week.

Can i change my username to MackworthRamWasGod...

I reckon after the way he was treated before his holiday he posted yesterday on the wind up saying he will sign today, i wouldnt blame him.

But i cant take it anymore, i genuinly am goin insane over this saga...i dont think i care if we dont get him anymore, i just want this thread closed and then we can sign someone!

I think id raise a smile if Paul Thirlwell made a return at this rate.

No.

As well as Mackworth another TWO genuine ITKers have said that everything has been sorted and he will sign this week at the latest. Clearly somebody is leaking false information within the club. I don't think he'll sign today but I don't think Macworth's lied either.

Ouch he has hung himself out to dry on this one, Don't write cheques your arse cant cash. I await some sort of backtracking comment or silence. Either way!!

Ouch he has hung himself out to dry on this one, Don't write cheques your arse cant cash. I await some sort of backtracking comment or silence. Either way!!

Not back tracking at all.

I was told "Thorne will more than likely sign on Monday but it will definitely be this week"

Thats what I have been told to the letter.

Ill bet you

DCFC please make some sort of statement on Thorne either way.

Are we still interested in the guy etc etc

Or you could try....

"Dear Derby,

Please only make a statement when:

1) You have a photo of him holding up a scarf at the iPro

or 

2) A photo of him in action last season announcing he will not be joining us.

Please do this in your own time and do not worry about some impatient fans. 

I am sure you are more than capable to conduct your transfer business in private without feeling you have to reveal to the fans every time there is the smallest development.

Kind Regards

Sane Derby Fans"

(Yes i know this post is a little snarky, but i can live with that, no offence intended to you sir...but we will know when we know :D )

One thing I would like to clarify.

I can swear to you all that I have not lied.

I wouldn't go to the hassle of creating an account to do that.

Someone I know is very close friends with a first team squad member.

Thats how I know what I do.

Hughes 4 year deal, Brysons new contract. Yes it would have been easy to guess Brysons new deal? But nearly every Derby fan to a man was convinced he was going. Hughes 4 year deal. Could anyone else guess he would sign one and the length of contract? No.

Thats the information I was told.

Thorne I was told was more than likely to sign today. But definitely will sign this week.

I apologise if you think I am lying, I can understand when I tell you one thing then give another update.

But it is genuinely what I am hearing.

I can promise you all now, I am not a liar.

I trust my source 120% and whilst he said he was more than likely to sign today he did also say it could be this week.

I honestly can assure you that Thorne will sign this week.

And no I am not covering every possibility as its been suggested. As Thorne could sign next week, the week after or not at all. 

But Thorne will sign this week.

I'll add my voice to the others who believe Mackworth's honest intention to give news from his source. He was on holiday (and informed everyone of that fact before he went) and he has qualified his news when qualification was necessary. 

My opinion on the Thorne saga:

Our impatience on the situation seems to be rubbing off on individuals involved in the club. E.g Brett Wilson who has replied to impatient and rude fans on twitter. He has subtly asked for our patience and Thorne has made it pretty clear we need to be patient too.

I believe we will sign Thorne but will continue to ignore ANY 'ITKers'. It is quite easy to predict a player can sign today and might sign this week. Isn't it?

Anyway, the hints we have been receiving have been positive and Thorne clearly wants to be a ram.

Only recently, we have given Bryson a 5 year deal which was amazing news. Sam Rush and Brett are doing their best, so let's give them more time to get this deal over the line for a reasonable price.

Archived