The demise of Forest

ladyram

That Forest forum post is more or less exactly what I posted in the Forest post-match thread. Their squad, and in particular their recent signings, just seems random and unbalanced. They have signed two out and out wingers, but they have no real aerial threat in the box to get on the end of crosses. They have pace and movement up front, but no one in behind to play through balls for them to run onto. They have a physical presence up front in Assombalonga to hold the ball up, but no one from midfield to run beyond him.

They are decent at the back (providing they stay fit) and that will get them a fair way in this league, but they are very reliant on Antonio and Assombalonga to win them games out of nothing. And when they hit a bit of a dry spell (like the last few games), they stopped scoring and stopped winning games.

If you compare that to us, we have a style in place that runs through the entire squad. We have Martin up front to hold the ball up, but we also have Bryson making runs beyond him. We have 2 pacy wingers to stretch teams, but we also have Hughes in midfield playing balls through to them. We don't have much of an aerial threat, so we set out to either drill low crosses, or cut balls back to midfielders making late runs. Everything meshes properly and everybody knows their jobs. Plus we have at least 4 or 5 players with a decent goal-threat on the pitch, and another 3 or 4 on the bench in every game - we don't rely on any 1 player to win us games.

No real aerial threat? Weren't we scoring pretty much all our goals from crosses at one point?

Fryatt, Dave, Antonio, Lars..

Yeah no aerial threat there.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are in the same boat as the Rams , most managers aren't stupid , they work teams out and set up to combat opposing formations.

Not many teams after last season will dare to put the ball on the deck and outplay us , they know it would be suicide.

Same with F****t, kick the **** out of fatty (when he plays), stick two big ******* on Assombacannotscoreinabrothelatthemomentlonga , put you fastest man, man marking Antonio , and you have a chance.

Let them bombard you and you are fooked.

They are in the same boat as the Rams , most managers aren't stupid , they work teams out and set up to combat opposing formations.

Not many teams after last season will dare to put the ball on the deck and outplay us , they know it would be suicide.

Same with F****t, kick the sausage out of fatty (when he plays), stick two big sausages on Assombacannotscoreinabrothelatthemomentlonga , put you fastest man, man marking Antonio , and you have a chance.

Let them bombard you and you are fooked.

Dougie Freedman was bonkers then! :D

Having spent FOUR times the total cost of our entire first-team squad on ONE player, I should bloody well think so too.

No wonder fridges are so expensive nowadays.

What's that got to do with it?

Britt cost 16 times for than Michael Mancienne. Is he 16 times better?

Paying minimal amounts or freebies doesn't mean you ll end up with a shi7 team. It's just good business sense and if you have the staff, manager , infrastructure and confidence to do that then that's fine. You do it well.

Likewise spending lots of money doesn't mean you ll be near the top. We haven't done that well because we haven't had the vision, strategy within the club to that. Buying players is but a small ingredient of success. We are slowly getting there.

This is where pearce has been a great success. Personally I think he would make a great director of football just still to be convinced of the managerial side.

What's that got to do with it?

Britt cost 16 times for than Michael Mancienne. Is he 16 times better?

Paying minimal amounts or freebies doesn't mean you ll end up with a shi7 team. It's just good business sense and if you have the staff, manager , infrastructure and confidence to do that then that's fine. You do it well.

Likewise spending lots of money doesn't mean you ll be near the top. We haven't done that well because we haven't had the vision, strategy within the club to that. Buying players is but a small ingredient of success. We are slowly getting there.

This is where pearce has been a great success. Personally I think he would make a great director of football just still to be convinced of the managerial side.

Nothing really - just a pre-emptive strike against the poster known as Psycho (as opposed to the manager known as Physco).

Pearce and Fridgy have mortgaged your football club's future, gambling everything on promotion this season.

I fear for Forest's future if you don't go up.

No, not 'fear'. What's the word I'm looking for? Oh yes. Relish.

Man City of the Midlands.  :lol:

Joking aside, it's scary how many clubs are still taking that approach.

Having spent FOUR times the total cost of our entire first-team squad on ONE player, I should bloody well think so too.

No wonder fridges are so expensive nowadays.

Forget price-tags. You lot said that only one Forest player would get into the Derby side. So surely we're the ones doing well to be so high in the league?

You lot make me laugh. One day we're **** and only Mancienne would get in your side. The next day we should be 2nd because we've spent loads.

Forget price-tags. You lot said that only one Forest player would get into the Derby side. So surely we're the ones doing well to be so high in the league?

You lot make me laugh. One day we're sausage and only Mancienne would get in your side. The next day we should be 2nd because we've spent loads.

That's right, at least second. How long can a championship side go on spending that kind of money on one player and not get promoted?

You lot make me laugh. One day we're sausage and only Mancienne would get in your side. The next day we should be 2nd because we've spent loads.

You should be second cos you've spent loads, in fact you should be top by a mile. But for some reason you spent loads on **** players. So yes, you're doing well to be where you are.

But seriously, laughing and bragging because you're 1 whole point ahead of us, while clearly on a downward turn of form, it not very sensible.

Just watch out, while you're looking down at us and pointing, that you don't slip and plummet to your doom. That would be really embarrassing.

Nothing really - just a pre-emptive strike against the poster known as Psycho (as opposed to the manager known as Physco).

Pearce and Fridgy have mortgaged your football club's future, gambling everything on promotion this season.

I fear for Forest's future if you don't go up.

No, not 'fear'. What's the word I'm looking for? Oh yes. Relish.

Man City of the Midlands.  :lol:

Joking aside, it's scary how many clubs are still taking that approach.

I think you are forgetting we sold a couple of players for the same amount as we paid for Assombolonga.

So you can stop this nonsense again, and again, and again and again

But seriously, laughing and bragging because you're 1 whole point ahead of us, while clearly on a downward turn of form, it not very sensible.

No ones doing that tho are they.

Your lot are saying one minute that we have got a shi7 team in comparison to Barcelona B but we should be above you with inferior players.

Which one is it?

Your lot are saying one minute that we have got a shi7 team in comparison to Barcelona B but we should be above you without inferior players.

Which one is it?

I'd say you were on a wind up, but I know Forest fans all too well.

Your lot are saying one minute that we have got a shi7 team in comparison to Barcelona B but we should be above you with inferior players.

Which one is it?

Umm, that would be you saying it Stoners, just 3 or 4 posts ago.

"How many points are you ahead of us, blah, blah, blah, etc. etc. nonsense nonsense nonsense, I smell like fox piss and cabbage"

Something like that, I might be paraphrasing.

Umm, that would be you saying it Stoners, just 3 or 4 posts ago.

"How many points are you ahead of us, blah, blah, blah, etc. etc. nonsense nonsense nonsense, I smell like fox piss and cabbage"

Something like that, I might be paraphrasing.

Bantz mate

On god save us, is it still a week and a half until we play again!

I can understand us sheepshaggers being bored and talking more bollux than usual, but gumps taking time out to spout  bollux on a Rams forum is quite strange.

Come on stoners, eezedoesit, and that other one, psychotic (or whatever his name is), you must be seriously short of summat to do during the international break.

I'll forgive Pink Morning, he's daft as a box of frogs anyway.........

Archived