The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps Millwall cheated their way to three points, like they did against us. *****.

They did not cheat, they were better than us.

You could see the difference when Lansbury and Wilson came on. Had they started we probably would not have had to chase the game from 2-0 down. The 11 who started should have put up a much better show than they did though

They did not cheat, they were better than us.

You could see the difference when Lansbury and Wilson came on. Had they started we probably would not have had to chase the game from 2-0 down. The 11 who started should have put up a much better show than they did though

Didn't someone earlier say you beat them in the cup with a second string earlier in the season. There really are no excuses.

Sure on one of these threads a couple of months ago we were discussing our chances of solidifying and maintaining a place in the play offs. A couple of people were siting the fact that one team always seems to have a drop in form, and thinking it might be us.

I think they failed to remember the team that created that perception was forest.

Sure on one of these threads a couple of months ago we were discussing our chances of solidifying and maintaining a place in the play offs. A couple of people were siting the fact that one team always seems to have a drop in form, and thinking it might be us.

I think they failed to remember the team that created that perception was forest.

I remember them saying 'your bubble will burst soon' after every win  :lol:

He can't though, can he? We all knew they were playing up (I bet even the ref knew) but if a player goes down clutching his face he has to stop play in case it's a real injury.

According to the Laws of the Game, the referee

- stops the match if, in his opinion, a player is seriously injured and ensures that he is removed from the field of play. An injured player may only return to the field of play after the match has restarted

- allows play to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is, in his opinion, only slightly injured

So: if the ref's in doubt, he will stop the game to be on the safe side, however when the number of players going down reaches epidemic proportions the ref is perfectly entitled to consider that they may be seeking to gain an advantage and ignore the buggers.

He may also feel that the player is able to leave the field of play under his own steam to receive treatment and he (the ref) could delay giving permission for the player to re-enter the field of play. So the referee does have options, he just needs the self confidence to apply them.

Florest have conceded the play offs for this season by leaving a caretaker manager in charge. And they've conceded the play offs for next season by appointing a poor manager!

I think Reading or outsiders Bournemouth may take the 4th play off place now.

Anyone else think that Forest might be in the relegation mix this time next season?

We know that Billy's players somehow appear half as good once he's gone. I'd suggest that Forest will need to replace the majority of their first team in order to compete. Amusingly, this is at a time when FFP could stop them from spending very much and could see them with a transfer embargo. Add into that a manager who has largely failed to impress in his managerial career so far and there could be a lovely Tree shaped trapdoor about to appear.

Didn't someone earlier say you beat them in the cup with a second string earlier in the season. There really are no excuses.

It was in extra time so technically if you were going to compare it with the league ti would have been a draw.

However, no excuses for yesterday's shameful showing and we got what we deserved.

As for the relegation mix I do not see it at all as Pearce is nowhere near that bad and we do have a good squad for this level. We are likely to add to it as well.

Archived