The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

crazy appointment by them....not so much the bloke (although I do think he is a crap manager) but the timing.

Why isn't Pearce ripping their hands off for this job? its not as if he has got them lined up outside his door every day offering new jobs all over the place?

Also, what has he got to lose? if he comes in now and gets them in the play off's he is a hero, if they miss out, well then it's Billy's team and they re group for next year.

And finally.....what if the caretaker manager does the unthinkable and gets them in the play off's and then wins it....beating us on the way 6-0....then what do they do....say thanks, but you are sacked?

Mickey Mouse club.

I just think it is an awful appointment. Legendary player but he has done nothing in management.

As a short-term appointment he may well have been able to lift and inspire the players to secure a top 6 finish and maybe even win the play-offs but as a long term manager he will be awful.

The Gumps (except the guy above) are euphoric though. Apparently with the squad they have and with "Psycho" as manager they are going to "Walk the League" next season.

Not everyone is ecstatic. We may be able to finish in the play-offs as we have a decent squad and presumably Pearce must have negotiated some level of backing in the summer to add to it and we will be able to clear out some of the deadwood.

With the levels of money that have been invested then the aim has to be automatic promotion as teams get in the play-offs by spending a fraction of what we have.

I don't understand why we do not wait until the summer to get the right man in instead of making another bad appointment. Pearce is a million miles from being an outstanding contender.

I don't understand why we do not wait until the summer to get the right man in instead of making another bad appointment. Pearce is a million miles from being an outstanding contender.

You know that, we know that, but that's a certain important individual that, despite having the best of intentions, doesn't really know what he's doing.

I do almost feel sorry for you.  ;)

You know that, we know that, but that's a certain important individual that, despite having the best of intentions, doesn't really know what he's doing.

I do almost feel sorry for you.  ;)

The same went for Nigel Doughty as well.

It does not really matter how much you throw at a club if you continually make the wrong decisions and that is why we have been outside the Premier League for 15 years and spent three years in League One.

It's 'Fan Power' though, isn't it?

Fridgy really has been so desperate to keep the fans on side with every appointment, that I'm getting the impression that what the Twitterati wants, the Twitterati gets.

Ebbsfleet Mk II

There's a thought. Liam Daish is looking for a job.

The same went for Nigel Doughty as well.

It does not really matter how much you throw at a club if you continually make the wrong decisions and that is why we have been outside the Premier League for 15 years and spent three years in League One.

I totally agree that the only impact Pearce could have had is the short term elation/enthusiasm of the fans being transferred onto the pitch and thus making the playoffs this year. Can't see the attraction next year at all.

if i'd got a bit of crumpet lined up for the summer , and a better bit of crumpet became available late spring ,

i know what i'd do..

Honey on one crumpet, butter on the other.

Win-win.

if i'd got a bit of crumpet lined up for the summer , and a better bit of crumpet became available late spring ,

i know what i'd do..

look, Pearce has gone back to his missus until the summer.

He's left his crumpet, and is building bridges.

Forest fans are just really optimistic about everything bless em' .... they just look for the positives in every situation

Pearce is taking over - He might have an awful managerial record but at least he'll get the fans pumped up!

Lost to Derby 5-0 - At least that got Davies fired!

Fawaz wants to pick the team - At least he gives us lots of money!

We might miss out on the play offs despite spending tons - Oh well, we'll spend tons more money and we'll walk the league next season! (Repeat each year)

Love it  :lol:

Archived