The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, you're going there again...

All time Premier League points tally

28th - Derby 274pts, relegated twice, finish bottom once.

30th - Notts F0re5t - 239pts, relegated three times, finished bottom three times

Further more, while we were losing 5-0 at Anfield that season what happened to you guys on the same day??? You battled to a hard earned 2-2 at Bristol Rovers... Can you boys even spell Premier League???

I can spell "Worst team in history" D E R B Y

Worst Premier League points tally yes. But you finished dead last 3 times and the only team ever to win the European cup and be relegated to the 3rd tier of their domestic league.

The Infamous Nottingham F0re5t!!!

Never mind forest. You may have a cartoon character for a chairman, a massive debt and losing £2m a month, no staff whatsoever except the academy manager and the tea lady, getting turned down by a manager every day, half a squad, a thrashing against your rivals and no win in 9, but....we once had a really bad season in a division you haven't played in this century, so keep your chins up.

Meh. At the end of the day we're a shockingly run club, but we have achieved feats you can never even dream of.

We're the biggest and most successful club in the east midlands, and having 9 first teamers out and getting tonked once doesn't change that..

We put 5 past you not long ago, so soon you forget.

Meh. At the end of the day we're a shockingly run club, but we have achieved feats you can never even dream of.

We're the biggest and most successful club in the east midlands, and having 9 first teamers out and getting tonked once doesn't change that..

We put 5 past you not long ago, so soon you forget.

I'd love to know your tems for biggest and most successful.

You're about as big as Wigan Athletic

The club you talk of being successful went out of business in the end didn't it?

You're just supporting the new business and tenants.

Bit like going to the same pub with new landlords who don't know how to keep good beer.

but we have achieved feats you can never even dream of.

Dropping to League 1?....I did have a few moments when Nigel was here but they wasn't dreams. My dreams were of Nigel and Savage being stranded on a desert island with a football named Wilson.

Why are we even arguing about who's the worst team? That's a bitor a sad indictment of East Mids football. Any neutral reading this page would bang our heads together, decide we're both crap and we should get over it.

Instead, we should be arguing about who's best. Apparently Forest is the biggest, most successful club in history. So, speaking historically, how many times have you won the top division (which even Brian said was a harder competition to win at that time, the only thing that made the European Cup difficult was negotiating the dodgy refs)? But we could probably argue abut hat all day, so should just agree to disagree. I'll call that a draw.

Speaking more recently, well there's not even an argument really is there. Forest are **** and have been for a long time. Derby have been considerably less ****.

And what is this about the official club of Forest going out of business? Genuinely, I don't know what the story id behind that. Wikipedia mentions something about issue when ITV digital went bust. Is it something to do with that?

Forest won the European Cup in 1979 and 1980. The best Derby ever managed was a semi final.

Derby won the Football League in 1972 and 1975. The best Forest ever managed was to win it once.

Forest's own manager, Brian Clough, stated that it was far, far harder to win the football league than it ever was to win the European Cup - and who am I to disagree with God?

So where are these feats (achieved before you were born, Dawny) we can only dream of? This is what truly makes me throw my hands up in despair at the tedious whining as to which is the bigger club, which has achieved more and so on. It is attempting to bask in the vicarious glory of achievements which were, by and large, before many of our lifetimes began?

I know - Derby are the better club because Steve Bloomer scored more goals than Grenville Morris.

Utterly pathetic.

Archived