Derby County v Yeovil Town

sage

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting watching the video of the Blackburn game. Simmo was trying to remind JCB not to wander too much into the middle and to stay out wide. In some ways he could get away with wandering as we were chasing the game and Blackburn were sitting back a bit. It's different over a whole game. This is one area that I really worry about re: this change. JCB is clearly not much of a physical player and isn't used ( or really designed) for the wide role. I think we are going to be exposed down that flank and if Yeovil can get forward we could be vulnerable there. It will also inhibit the full back roaming down the wing himself as there may be no one to drop in behind him. I guess we will see.

This in someways highlights to me how sure of his place Martin can be as no one else can play his role and we don't have the midfield to make 442 work properly. Bamford is a goalscorer but isn't so good at the hold-up play playing the lone man up front. Sammon can hold up play but just can't control the ball properly. Hence we end up with Bamford out wide. Round per, square hole ?

Interesting watching the video of the Blackburn game. Simmo was trying to remind JCB not to wander too much into the middle and to stay out wide. In some ways he could get away with wandering as we were chasing the game and Blackburn were sitting back a bit. It's different over a whole game. This is one area that I really worry about re: this change. JCB is clearly not much of a physical player and isn't used ( or really designed) for the wide role. I think we are going to be exposed down that flank and if Yeovil can get forward we could be vulnerable there. It will also inhibit the full back roaming down the wing himself as there may be no one to drop in behind him. I guess we will see.

This in someways highlights to me how sure of his place Martin can be as no one else can play his role and we don't have the midfield to make 442 work properly. Bamford is a goalscorer but isn't so good at the hold-up play playing the lone man up front. Sammon can hold up play but just can't control the ball properly. Hence we end up with Bamford out wide. Round per, square hole ?

Or he might score 3 in half hour

Archived