Derby County v Yeovil Town

sage

Fair amount of booing of the ref to be fair.

Should have been a free kick for a push in the run up to their second and most thought Martin was felled for a penalty. Had to vent at someone.

Fair enough if it was aimed at the referee. He seemed very aware of Martin's other activities.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough if it was aimed at the referee. He seemed very aware of Martin's other activities.

Some of it was undoubtedly directed at the referee, but then some would also have been directed at the players, but even then, compared to previous seasons, it was nothing. In the last few years there have been plenty of examples of an absolutely poisonous atmosphere at times. Despite the booing at the HT whistle, it was done, and then it was over. As soon as they came out for the second half everyone was behind them again.

Some of it was undoubtedly directed at the referee, but then some would also have been directed at the players, but even then, compared to previous seasons, it was nothing. In the last few years there have been plenty of examples of an absolutely poisonous atmosphere at times. Despite the booing at the HT whistle, it was done, and then it was over. As soon as they came out for the second half everyone was behind them again.

Seems to be the done thing all over the place now. Not sure when that started but still.

I think alot of people didn't really know what to do at half time on Tuesday. It was bizarre. We was angry, we was frustrated and confused. We had bossed it, yet were 2-0 down at home to a team joint bottom.

Woaarh I've got goosebumps!

Got me earphones in listening to that with sound way up. When that ball hits the net it sounds like a fookin bomb. Then listen to the fans. Awesome.

I can imagine.

Although it's a subject of plenty of hate I used to do that to Steve Bloomers Watching (the ball goes in, the stands light up, and how/now hear the mighty roar... summat like that..... then the crowd noise sample... I can't hate it!

Seems to be the done thing all over the place now. Not sure when that started but still.

I think alot of people didn't really know what to do at half time on Tuesday. It was bizarre. We was angry, we was frustrated and confused. We had bossed it, yet were 2-0 down at home to a team joint bottom.

You're right. We were on the wrong end of the luck in the first half. We dominated, we created countless chances, we didn't put any away, and they scored from their only two efforts. No real surprise that people were frustrated, and I guess old habits die hard and that frustration ended up being channelled towards the most obvious outlet, the players.

Certainly where I was it was definitely aimed at the referee, because the volume increased after the players had headed for the tunnel and the ref and linesmen were walking off together. I can't vouch for some of our 'new-found' fans though.

After watching that clip of the last gasp winner, you really have to feel for the Yeovil players. They looked absolutely gutted. Thought they'd got a most unlikely point, and the cup of joy was dashed from their lips.

True, but we've all been there. I stopped at Strensham services on the M5 on the way back, and met four fans. They weren't too bad. Knew that game could have been a right hammering.

Sorry. Can't help. Too busy watching it myself. :lol: Was the number 15 having a go at the keeper? Presume he thought that the keeper should have gone for the cross.

He was going a bad mad wasn't he?

Shame ;-)

I should feel sorry for them I suppose..but I'm not really, cos points is points - and what do points make?

what do points make?

Me very happy!  :lol:

Under other circumstances I might have felt a bit for them, but we dominated the game and deserved to win. They were just incredibly fortunate to take it to the last kick of the game in the first place. Should have been out of sight well before then.

He was going a bad mad wasn't he?

Shame ;-)

I should feel sorry for them I suppose..but I'm not really, cos points is points - and what do points make?

Pointed sticks are hard to defend against, but bananas are easy.

TobyWanKenobi

I'd say that if any booing was directed at the players, it achieved the desired result and, in case anyone missed it, we ended up winning the game.

I'd say that if any booing was directed at the players, it achieved the desired result and, in case anyone missed it, we ended up winning the game.

We won the game because we were the better side and created more chances in both halves.

I'd give credit to McClaren, the players and even Yeovil before the supporters who are quicker to moan than praise

We won the game because we were the better side and created more chances in both halves.

I'd give credit to McClaren, the players and even Yeovil before the supporters who are quicker to moan than praise

Absolutely.

Any fan who thinks that booing is really going to help is an idiot at best.

Archived