Nicolas Anelka charged by the FA

uttoxram75

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25823368

Anelka has been charged with making a gesture that was, "abusive and/or indecent and/or insulting and/or improper".

West Brom's sponsors Zoopla are pulling out as well over Anelka's "quenelle" gesture.

Must admit, i would have never have known the gesture was offensive. Its anti-semitic in France apparently.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another over-reaction by over-sensitives!

I daren't say it for fear of being labelled, but dear Jews, get over it! What your fellow-Jews are doing in Palestine is far worse than some stupid fooking arm signal made by some ignorant dummy-spitter who nobody truly respects!

I daren't say it for fear of being labelled, but dear Jews, get over it! What your fellow-Jews are doing in Palestine is far worse than some stupid fooking arm signal made by some ignorant dummy-spitter who nobody truly respects!

I agree to a point. Whilst I totally abhor racism I do think people can be over sensitive. 

It does rile me though that professional footballers are allowed to get away with a hell of a lot that your average working man would get the sack for in the real world.

I agree to a point. Whilst I totally abhor racism I do think people can be over sensitive. 

It does rile me though that professional footballers are allowed to get away with a hell of a lot that your average working man would get the sack for in the real world.

Is what Anelka did actually racist? I don't know. Was it a pro-Islam gesture? or a anti-Jew gesture? If it was the former then it's not racist. If it was the latter, then you have to know for sure what Anelka understood it to mean. I remember Gascoigne, being the oaf he is, doing the pipes gesture in the Old Firm Derby. Idiot. Is what Anelka did any more racist than that James McClean refusing to wear a poppy? Both (if we believe the story) are related to the war(s). If one side of the war should forget about it, then all sides should.

Is what Anelka did actually racist? I don't know. Was it a pro-Islam gesture? or a anti-Jew gesture? If it was the former then it's not racist. If it was the latter, then you have to know for sure what Anelka understood it to mean. I remember Gascoigne, being the oaf he is, doing the pipes gesture in the Old Firm Derby. Idiot. Is what Anelka did any more racist than that James McClean refusing to wear a poppy? Both (if we believe the story) are related to the war(s). If one side of the war should forget about it, then all sides should.

Gazza thought it a daft joke until he received threats from Rangers "fans" for attending his Grandmother's funeral. She was catholic. 

I think you need to do a bit of research before making a comment like that (which, may I say, comes across as a bit of an overreaction too).

From what I've read, whilst it may not be as well known over here, it's is VERY famous over in France. It's essentially an "up yours" created by a notoriously anti-Jewish man who's made jokes about gas ovens to Jews on public radio. It's become pretty much a badge of identity for him and his fans/followers.

There's even been some claims that it references the sodomisation of Jewish prisoners but I think that might be a step too far.

At the end of the day, you could argue that the Nazi arm salute is just pointing your arm up at an angle but it's the association and the fact that it identifies a group of people that makes it disgusting.

I remember Gascoigne, being the oaf he is, doing the pipes gesture in the Old Firm Derby.

He did an interview where he told of getting threatened with murder for that.......by Rangers fans.

But you've got to love him.....

He did it again

I think you need to do a bit of research before making a comment like that (which, may I say, comes across as a bit of an overreaction too).

From what I've read, whilst it may not be as well known over here, it's is VERY famous over in France. It's essentially an "up yours" created by a notoriously anti-Jewish man who's made jokes about gas ovens to Jews on public radio. It's become pretty much a badge of identity for him and his fans/followers.

There's even been some claims that it references the sodomisation of Jewish prisoners but I think that might be a step too far.

At the end of the day, you could argue that the Nazi arm salute is just pointing your arm up at an angle but it's the association and the fact that it identifies a group of people that makes it disgusting.

Indeed...if we sort of reversed countries here, it would be a bit like Zlatan getting in trouble for a 'noose' gesture after scoring for PSG. The 'noose' gesture was in support of his English buddy Nick Griffin.

Nick populised the noose as a joke about black victims of the KKK. His supporters would then pose in front of famous places whilst doing the noose, sometimes at places where black people had been murdered with a racist motive. Nick was banned from speaking at events in the UK due to him inciting racial hatred, which led to the support of his friend Zlatan. Would Monseuir Mostyn of France think sanctions against Zlatan were an over-reaction?

If anyone on here is Jewish, then I would like to know if you are offended by what Anelka has done. If you're offended, that is good enough for me and Anelka deserves anything and everything he gets.

Otherwise, I won't accept people pretending to be offended for something they have no comprehension.

The quenelle is a gesture adopted by those of North African origin who live in France in solidarity with the suffering of Palestinians in Israel. The Zionist lobby always interpret anything antizionist as antisemitic. The two do not equate, I know Jews who are antizionist. The Palestinian people have had their lands stolen from them and either live in poverty on marginal land outside what Israel calls its borders or live in an apartheid state inside Israel.

*Another over-reaction by over-sensitives!

*dear Jews, get over it! What your fellow-Jews are doing in Palestine...

*Is what Anelka did actually racist? I don't know. 

* I won't accept people pretending to be offended for something they have no comprehension.

I think you should drop it. You are ranting incoherently. 

The quenelle is a gesture adopted by those of North African origin who live in France in solidarity with the suffering of Palestinians in Israel. The Zionist lobby always interpret anything antizionist as antisemitic. The two do not equate, I know Jews who are antizionist. The Palestinian people have had their lands stolen from them and either live in poverty on marginal land outside what Israel calls its borders or live in an apartheid state inside Israel.

Why do you keep bringing up the Palestinians?

Whilst it may be wrong what the Israelis are doing in that respect, that is a completely different situation to this one. It's irrelevant. After all, there are Jewish people outside of Israel :rolleyes:

Why do you keep bringing up the Palestinians?

Whilst it may be wrong what the Israelis are doing in that respect, that is a completely different situation to this one. It's irrelevant. After all, there are Jewish people outside of Israel :rolleyes:

That post was a 'quote' not my opinion. I am not bringing anything into it, that's what the sign symbolises.

Archived