Up and at 'em Jeffrey!

PrivateDerby

I'm ***** with tactics, formations and that and doubt they will ever interest me. IMWT...

But

Is there any way young Jeff could just be allowed to what he does best? Be slightly reckless and carefree and just bloody charge towards goal? He was like a bull in a china shop under Cloughie and was always part of our best football. 

I like Eustace, he keeps it together... I like Bryson, he's here, he's there, he's asked me not to swear... and I like Hughes, he's our spark even when he's not on it.

So what's the plan? 

We should speak in code if we want promotion.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ***** with tactics, formations and that and doubt they will ever interest me. IMWT...

But

Is there any way young Jeff could just be allowed to what he does best? Be slightly reckless and carefree and just bloody charge towards goal? He was like a bull in a china shop under Cloughie and was always part of our best football. 

I like Eustace, he keeps it together... I like Bryson, he's here, he's there, he's asked me not to swear... and I like Hughes, he's our spark even when he's not on it.

So what's the plan? 

We should speak in code if we want promotion.

Eustace, Bryson and Hughes complement each other.

Hendrick is a poor mans Bryson, Coutts is a poor mans Hughes and Eustace is a poor mans (player we need to guarantee a play off spot)

Rotation. Horse for courses. Let Will pick em off when they're giving us space, unleash Jeff when it gets a bit tighter and we need to batter our way through. IMO. Etc etc. Bails for Eustace when he needs a break.

Wouldn't mind Hughes sitting out a few games to reflect on how poor he's been recently and Jeff come in. Hopefully we can keep Jeff until Will leaves so he just fits right into Will's spot

Hendrick has spent a lot of time on the pitch the month or so and has been the worst one of the 4. What has he done to get in over Hughes?

Eustace, Bryson and Hughes complement each other.

Hendrick is a poor mans Bryson, Coutts is a poor mans Hughes and Eustace is a poor mans (player we need to guarantee a play off spot)

hendrick isnt the same player as bryson

coutts isnt the same player as hughes 

Hendrick for Hughes for the next game.

Hughes has been playing as our most attacking centre midfielder and for me he isn't an attacking midfielder, deep-lying playmaker in my eyes.

At his best when he is playing deep and pulling the strings for the players infront of him.

Hendrick has spent a lot of time on the pitch the month or so and has been the worst one of the 4. What has he done to get in over Hughes?

How has Jeff been worse than Will this month? I personally think Jeff has done pretty well in the games he's not been played in the Eustace role  :lol:

Wouldn't mind Hughes sitting out a few games to reflect on how poor he's been recently and Jeff come in. Hopefully we can keep Jeff until Will leaves so he just fits right into Will's spot

Do you reckon Hughes is likely to be going anywhere at the moment?  With his current lack of form it all seems to have gone very quiet on that front.

• 2 months later...

Archived