Luciano Becchio

robglosta

The interesting thing about that article is that we're odds of 7/4 to get promoted, on a Ladbrokes site.

I'd say we're evens - either we will or we won't :lol:

Seems short odds to me especially as Fester are certs for one place.  QPR are odds on according to Ladbrokes too. What about Burnley too? Long way to go.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant see us getting 2nd  Burnley / QPR have the slight edge on us.

Id def have Becchio if we could sort out the obvious anomolies - perhaps its a loan

to replace Sammon when he leaves for Brighton! 

I bet you no-one who knocks Sammon was at Blackburn yesterday. They were absolutely terrified of him.

I concur Sammon made a massive difference when he came on yesterday

Held the ball up well and provided an outlet for the Cb's when Martin was being man marked by Grant Hanley.

Also made some excellent timed runs but just lacked the final product as per usual.

But yes he did make the all important assist for Bamford.

Yeah, I think Sammon's turned into a very nice luxury coming off the bench. He's genuinely the perfect bench player for us right now, has an incredible work ethic and must have earned us a fair few points this season (3 against Watford, 3 against Boro and definitely contributed to 1 yesterday).

He gives us a very different option to Martin, his speed and strength is good to have in the last 20 minutes. Now we've added Bamford to our attacking options, we've got a complete forward line. I was worried if Martin got injured that Sammon wouldn't be able to step up but I think Bamford is the person to step into that role, Sammon's an impact sub.

I imagine he'll win us some very valuable points this season.

Watch him go get a hat-trick on Tuesday now.    :lol:

I'm not sure. I think he has run out of ideas and defences in the Championship have sorted him. I hope I'm wrong, but he has no pace, so it could be difficult for him to play his way out of the current run.

I'm not sure. I think he has run out of ideas and defences in the Championship have sorted him. I hope I'm wrong, but he has no pace, so it could be difficult for him to play his way out of the current run.

No, Martin is at his best when the whole teams plays well, mainly because he facilitates most of our attacks with his excellent hold up play. He is a good poacher as well, in regards to the fact he always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

His goal scoring 'drought' as it were, is due to the fact that we're not playing through him at the minute like we usually do. This means he has struggled to get involved and impact a game at all.

When the whole team starts playing our fluid style of football, we'll see Martin involved in the games more and consequently start banging them in again. 

Watch him go get a hat-trick on Tuesday now.    :lol:

I wish I was that confident. Nothing seems to be sticking for him ATM. Even before Yeovil he was struggling. I think ur right he thrives off the rest of the team playing well. He was unquestionably out muscled by a very very strong Yeovil defence. I am not ashamed to say I feel he should of been replaced by Sammon earlier. That is y I am not a manager lol. Although Bryson's fk was going in anyway lol

I wish I was that confident. Nothing seems to be sticking for him ATM. Even before Yeovil he was struggling. I think ur right he thrives off the rest of the team playing well. He was unquestionably out muscled by a very very strong Yeovil defence. I am not ashamed to say I feel he should of been replaced by Sammon earlier. That is y I am not a manager lol. Although Bryson's fk was going in anyway lol

Had one of his best games I have seen against Chelsea.

Archived