Own up...

Ambitious

I asked one of the guys outside what on earth he was doing selling that sh1te outside our ground. Got no response.

Didn't even give you a polite "Leave it aht, fak orf you wankah"?

Pig-ignorant git.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've obviously bought one so its pointless to rip you apart! :lol:

Just don't get it at all. Football is tribal, its why its the most popular sport on earth.

Its us agin them. Its your street vs the skip rats from t'other street. 

Its your estate against the poncy fookers from the posh estate.

Its your town vs the soap dodging cnuts from down the road.

Its Derby vs Cockney/Scouse/Geordie/Manc barstewards.

or, should i say, it was  :(

Far cry from small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts.

Rush goalie. Two at the back, three in the middle, four up front, one's gone home for his tea.

Beans on toast? Possibly, don't quote me on that.

Marvellous.

Is the same said for pin badges with both teams on them? Got a couple of them too, and we bought the lad a Brazil scarf from PP when they played here a couple of years ago.

Don't think it's so much the opposite team being thought of in any particular sense, or even remembered - it's just the occasion.

Found it a bit odd to have them. Are we really that much smaller than chelsea and it was only 3rd round.

Bang on - if it was a team like Barcelona who we would only play once in a lifetime or a really high profile occasion like a cup final then fair enough.

But it makes us look small minded and small time, saying 'look how fantastic it is having such a big club like Chelsea coming to our ground' in the first FA cup round we are in.

******. Our aim is to play them, and beat them, in the same league soon.

I don't care if its common at OT or SB, they are catering for the tourist supporters who go there once a season/lifetime. We don't have those kinds of fans (well, one or two on here perhaps :))

Is the same said for pin badges with both teams on them? Got a couple of them too, and we bought the lad a Brazil scarf from PP when they played here a couple of years ago.

Don't think it's so much the opposite team being thought of in any particular sense, or even remembered - it's just the occasion.

And that's my point. A cup final or play off final is an occasion. For a L2 or non league side who are never going to play Chelsea again, it's an occasion. For Brazil v Ukraine, never likely to be seen again at PP, it's an occasion. 

3rd round day against a team in the league above? An interesting game, but for me not an occasion.

I'll shut up about it now. 

You've obviously bought one so its pointless to rip you apart! :lol:

Just don't get it at all. Football is tribal, its why its the most popular sport on earth.

Its us agin them. Its your street vs the skip rats from t'other street. 

Its your estate against the poncy fookers from the posh estate.

Its your town vs the soap dodging cnuts from down the road.

Its Derby vs Cockney/Scouse/Geordie/Manc barstewards.

or, should i say, it was  :(

Exactly Utch. Was - t'int anymore.

I'm only a nipper but even when I first started going, a half and half scarf would be laughed out of the ground. But in the age of Sky making football 'everything for everyone' and ticket prices attracting middle class families rather than working class people, you'll get this kind of pathetic nonsense where we should be priveliged to welcome players to the iPro Enerygy Sports Drink Soccer Stadium Arena @ Pride Park Plaza because people idolise them every Sunday on Sky.

I love the 90 minutes of football - actually watching it - but everything else around it, that used to be the main reason for me going - I hate.

I think thats the point...is Derby v Chelsea a special occasion?

I would imagine its a fixture that has been played hundreds of times over the last decade and with a bit of luck will be played again next season.

Probably the biggest occasion of every season is our home match against Forest...I'm guessing the 50/50 scarves will be available for that match?

The people making and selling this cheap tat are not connected to the club. They travel the country selling their ***** to football tourists - there's obviously a market, its how football is evolving now. You can buy package holidays to Liverpool or Manchester with hotel accommodation, match tickets, tour of the ground etc. 

The corporate suits want this type of spectator, they'll spend more on club merchandise, food and all the rest. The street hawkers are merely picking up the scraps selling abominations like the 1/2 and 1/2s.

Liverpool used to wear half and half with one of the Glasgow teams, they had a connection some how? Was it the Irish immigrants and Celtic?

Liverpool probably bought their Cortina bricks from Glasgow.

The people making and selling this cheap tat are not connected to the club. They travel the country selling their ***** to football tourists - there's obviously a market, its how football is evolving now. You can buy package holidays to Liverpool or Manchester with hotel accommodation, match tickets, tour of the ground etc. 

The corporate suits want this type of spectator, they'll spend more on club merchandise, food and all the rest. The street hawkers are merely picking up the scraps selling abominations like the 1/2 and 1/2s.

Sadly, you are right Utch and although I understand those that think this topic is minor - because in the overall scheme of things it is only a very small part of the overall - nevertheless it is an example, in my view, of everything that is different about football today and which I don't like.  If we do go up then we will have to put up with more of it.

I don't actually mind the scallys that bring the things to flog and then disappear until the next game against a top 4 club - they've always been around in one form or another.  I wouldn't mind it if they flogged cheap Derby scarves, or cheap Chelsea scarves even though that does the club out of money.  It's the half and half that always irritates, as if they're saying we have a connection with Chelsea, or we should be somehow grateful that Chelsea are in town.  Well we don't and I wasn't.  Chelsea should be damn grateful that they had an Ipro experience, and the same will apply to any other so called 'big' club that comes in the future.

[quote name="VulcanRam" post="541654" timestamp="1389087289"

I don't care if its common at OT or SB, they are catering for the tourist supporters who go there once a season/lifetime. We don't have those kinds of fans (well, one or two on here perhaps :))

Archived