Own up...

Ambitious

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The people making and selling this cheap tat are not connected to the club. They travel the country selling their ***** to football tourists - there's obviously a market, its how football is evolving now. You can buy package holidays to Liverpool or Manchester with hotel accommodation, match tickets, tour of the ground etc.

The corporate suits want this type of spectator, they'll spend more on club merchandise, food and all the rest. The street hawkers are merely picking up the scraps selling abominations like the 1/2 and 1/2s.

Doesn't it make you furious?

I hate the new breed.

I'd love to ask them, who do you support and why do you continue to support them?

We should pity them because they'll never get what we get out of the game.

Although they are killing it and soon nobody will get anything. It'll be like having a favourite tennis player. What do you feel when Derby win compared to an individual sport

From the Daily Telegraph live commentery. Just about sums it up.

"I shall use this half time break firstly, to rail against the most evil of all modern football phenomena. Forget player's wages, infuence of agents, Sunday morning kick off times and the punditry of Steve Claridge. No, nothing comes close....to the half and half scarf.

Now you may have bought one at some point, through alcohol consumption or to remember an amazing match between Manchester United and Real Madrid or Barcelona and Chelsea or Wigan and MK Dons, but really there's no excuse.

I propose an amnesty- one day to dispose of them at a series of public burnungs across the country. After this anyone caught with one shall be refused entry to all grounds. Except Old Trafford, where there are just too many to police without calling in the armed forces."

Isn't there a bit of irony in that post though?

You want kids to grow up supporting their local team but are happy with them wearing other teams colours? Not explained very well but sure you know what I mean.

When I was young I would always get a badge from every ground I visited in this country and buy a football top from every foreign city I went to.

That reminds me I had an Ajax 3rd kit in blue/white/red which is selling for loads on ebay and I can't find the bloody thing.

Also had a nice green Yukatan Warriors kit.

And I'm boring myself now.

Apologies for late reply, was pretty busy yesterday.

Yeah I can see the irony in my post. But I really think there's many other things to be worried about rather than all this about half and half scarves.

Come on Alpha, give us a wave.

OMG! OMG I'm on telly!! I should wave frantically with both hands while ever so slightly bouncing up and down. It's hilarious when I see 40yr old grown men do it on tv. Now I can be one of them to go and say 'did you see me!' to all my mates in the pub.

Is there anything at all we can do to get this stopped?!?

The correct way to react to fan cam is by shaking your head in disgust and mouthing the words "do I look like I'm a twelve year old American. Fook off before I show you my penis'

That would put a stop to fan cam.

Being on telly is overrated. RodleyRam got nothing but trouble from the benefits office after his appearance on Jeremy Kyle.

Fan cam is in the same catergory as pre- match music.

Terrible, terrible and terrible.

Wave at the jumbo indeed. Sod off you irritating man. Mind you, he must cringe at having to do it surely? Well I'd strike me.

Fan cam is in the same catergory as pre- match music.

Terrible, terrible and terrible.

Wave at the jumbo indeed. Sod off you irritating man. Mind you, he must cringe at having to do it surely? Well I'd strike me.

I do think he sounds a bit embarrassed, and quite desperate when no-one is waving.

I wouldn't wave, but I always struggle not to glance at it. If I ever saw myself, would I be able to resist flicking the bird? Dunno to be fair. Another emblem of the bullshit idea that beauty of the actual football and the sheer tribal ****-you-ness that goes with it is not enough and we need also  to be "entertained" as part of the "matchday experience".

You can take your dancing girls, kids reading the team sheet, HT penalty shoot outs, charity races, fans cam, wave your scarf in the air ********, and tv pre-match fan interviews and stick the whole lot of it up your arse.

I feel better now. I'm off for a lie down. 

I wouldn't wave, but I always struggle not to glance at it. If I ever saw myself, would I be able to resist flicking the bird? Dunno to be fair. Another emblem of the bullshit idea that beauty of the actual football and the sheer tribal ****-you-ness that goes with it is not enough and we need also to be "entertained" as part of the "matchday experience".

You can take your dancing girls, kids reading the team sheet, HT penalty shoot outs, charity races, fans cam, wave your scarf in the air ********, and tv pre-match fan interviews and stick the whole lot of it up your arse.

I feel better now. I'm off for a lie down.

Goal music?

They'll do that love heart thing on valentines day, where they zoom in on couples and ask them to kiss for the fan cam.

American sports entertainment eh?

Archived