Hughes - 7m

Bryson - 3m

Ward - 2m

Dawkins - 2m

Russell - 2m

Bennett - 5m

Martin - 4m

Sammon - 500k

I would be happy to pay in the current market for them players, selling it's another matter all together!

Abitious do you really think that someone would give 1 million for Bucko, 2 mill for Ward, 2 mill for Dawkins who just cost us 500 k, 5 mill for Bennett who hasnt done anything and 4 mill for Martin ??? 

not a chance my mate !!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we know what Dawkins market value is, unless it has changed drastically over the last 2 days.

Although I don't particulary rate Sammon, I think £1m would be the starting point for anyone who plays for a half decent international team.

Is Dawkins' value with 6 months remaining on his contract the same as Dawkins with 2.5 years remaining on his contract?

I think perhaps not.

Abitious do you really think that someone would give 1 million for Bucko, 2 mill for Ward, 2 mill for Dawkins who just cost us 500 k, 5 mill for Bennett who hasnt done anything and 4 mill for Martin ??? 

not a chance my mate !!

It's what I would be happy paying.

Buxton is our best centre half and statistically one of the best in the league. Ward is a goalscorer, regardless of his off days - he is one of the most prolific wide men in the division. Dawkins is a very good player, I don't think anyone would give us 2 million but if Tottenham gave us that valuation and we had the means, I would happily sanction that.

And Bennett is 17 and the best English striker under 20 by someway - the most prolific U19 England striker in years. It's potential you pay for.

Grant - 400k - 750k
Legzdins - 100k - 400k 
Forsyth - 150k - 300k
Buxton - 200k - 350k (although to us he's worth the world)
Keogh - 500k - 750k
Freeman - 100k - 250k 
Eustace - 150k - 250k
Hendrick - 900k - 1.2m
Hughes - 5m - 15m
Bryson - 1m - 3m
Ward - 750k - 1m
Dawkins - 800k - 1.5m
Russell - 1.2m - 3m
Bennett - 600k - 800k
Martin - 1.3m - 2m
Sammon - 500k - 800k

I think if anyone offered us these type of prices we would be forced to consider realistically although I wouldn't want us to sell any of them! With these prices we would easily be able to find equally good/better players to replace most of the players with exception to a few (Bucko and Bryson for instance). But what about our other players, how would you value them?? 

Jacobs - 600k - 900k

O'Brien - 250k - 400k

Hoganson - 100k - 200k

Coutts - 250k - 350k

Davies - 150k - 300k

Ball - 200k - 400k

now                 when he was fully fit

and then if he ever plays again.... Barker - 150k - 300k     750k - 1.2m      

Well we know what Dawkins market value is, unless it has changed drastically over the last 2 days.

Although I don't particulary rate Sammon, I think £1m would be the starting point for anyone who plays for a half decent international team.

I thought Dawkins was entering the last stages if his contract, and therefore we probably got him cheaper.

As for sammon, 1m for a player that cant get in a championship team imo is a lot of money.

Always interesting to see what price tags are slapped on players by fans. Not included loans for obvious reasons.

Grant - 500k

Legzdins - 200k

Forsyth - 500k

Buxton - 80m

Keogh - 750k

Freeman - 300k

Eustace - 0

Hendrick - 1.5m

Hughes - 10m

Bryson - 4m

Ward - 2m

Dawkins - 500k

Russell - 2.5m

Bennett - 1.5m(alot more if he was played)

Martin - 1.5m

Sammon - 1m

Grant - 500k

Legzdins - 400k

Forsyth - 250k

Buxton - 450k

Keogh - 400k

Freeman - 150k

Eustace - 0

Hendrick - 1.5m

Hughes - 6m

Bryson - 4m

Ward - 500k

Dawkins - 1m

Russell - 2.5m

Bennett - 2m plus add ons for potential

Martin - 2.5m

Sammon - a tub of... nah... 150k

Here's the values according to transfermarkt.co.uk:

Always interesting to see what price tags are slapped on players by fans. Not included loans for obvious reasons.

Grant - £625k
Legzdins - £450k
Forsyth - £275k
Buxton - £625k
Keogh - £1.6m
Freeman - £350k
Eustace - £225k
Hendrick - £1.5m
Hughes - £2.6m
Bryson - £875k
Ward - £1.4m
Dawkins - £875k
Russell - £800k
Bennett - £450k
Martin - £450k
Sammon - £1.4m

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/derby-county/kader/verein_22.html

Gives us a total value of £21.5million (including the loan signings), with an average value of £650k, and an average squad age of just 25. That puts us tenth in total squad value in the league, with the second youngest squad (to Yeovil). QPR's average is £2.2million according to that site - we only have one player worth more than that!

Think the site uses a formula to determine the values, considering appearances, goals, assists, clean sheets and everything and comparing it to players' past transfer fees and the sort of transfer fees paid for similar players, as well as international appearances. It's obviously quite crude and it's only updated every so often, but it's a more dispassionate view and worth considering.

Will Hughes, in reality, is probably only worth that £2.6million - or, he'd be worth that with his ability playing in Bundesliga 2 or the Segunda Liga. His nationality means he'lll probably go for three or four times that though.

Here's the values according to transfermarkt.co.uk:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/derby-county/kader/verein_22.html

Gives us a total value of £21.5million (including the loan signings), with an average value of £650k, and an average squad age of just 25. That puts us tenth in total squad value in the league, with the second youngest squad (to Yeovil). QPR's average is £2.2million according to that site - we only have one player worth more than that!

Think the site uses a formula to determine the values, considering appearances, goals, assists, clean sheets and everything and comparing it to players' past transfer fees and the sort of transfer fees paid for similar players, as well as international appearances. It's obviously quite crude and it's only updated every so often, but it's a more dispassionate view and worth considering.

Will Hughes, in reality, is probably only worth that £2.6million - or, he'd be worth that with his ability playing in Bundesliga 2 or the Segunda Liga. His nationality means he'lll probably go for three or four times that though.

Hmmm Sammon 1.4M, Martin 450K. Loses all credibility right there!

Hmmm Sammon 1.4M, Martin 450K. Loses all credibility right there!

As I say, it doesn't get updated that often, think they do it quarterly at our level. 450k was probably generous in the summer, I would have considered it bad business to pay that much for him!

I think that 1.4m is based on the fact we allegedly bought him for 1.2, and since then he's become an international player. But I agree, that's absolutely ridiculous. Such a crude formula will occasionally spurt out an anomaly like that.

Dawkins market value with a 2.5 year contract in front of him is probably 50% higher than it was 4 days ago.

Archived