Feelings

Cisse

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fossils.....

animals who lived billions of years ago.

I have two amazing fossil reptiles and a huge trilobite i call my 'big lad'.

I often ask my wife if she'd like me to get my 'big lad' out, only to disappoint her by producing an archaic relic which died a long time ago.

Old football grounds......lower or non league grounds.......seeing floodlights from a train window.........walking around a decrepit tin shack of a ground on a non match day.

One of the best times I've ever had was a load of us having a kick about on Gay Meadow after an all day summer session round town the year it shut.

We thought we'd turn up in that silly tipsy state and ask nicely/beg to see it and by chance a very tearful groundsman opened one of the old wooden side doors, recognised a couple of us, took us in and kicked a ball onto the pitch...

We all supported different clubs, Derby, Wrexham, Rhyl, Colwyn Bay and the Shrews but found it impossible not to cry.

"Jump the wall when you're done lads"

Left about 23.00, after scoring goals and hours sat in The Riverside Stand drinking, chatting and laughing with eachother and our then gf's.

One of them rare perfect days, if only Shane was there :lol:

I've played on grounds like Leek Town, Rugby Town, Salisbury, Rocester,  as well as being lucky enough to strut my stuff at Boundary Park, Oldham and Meadow Lane, Notts County, many moons ago. I also used to watch Stafford Rangers as a kid travelling round loads of non-league grounds like Wigan (!), Macclesfield, Northwich Victoria, Skelmersdale, Matlock, etc,etc.

I love tiny, old football grounds tucked away in back streets or industrial areas, way off the beaten track. You can sense the passion and hear the shouts when you stroll past these places. They weren't just somewhere to play football, they were the centre of the working class community, often starting out as factory teams. They meant something to our great grandads generation.

Fossils.....

animals who lived billions of years ago.

I have two amazing fossil reptiles and a huge trilobite i call my 'big lad'.

I often ask my wife if she'd like me to get my 'big lad' out, only to disappoint her by producing an archaic relic which died a long time ago.

There is a pill for that you know. :D

Grown up a bit recently, stopped collecting trainers and jackets (well it's been a fortnight) but not enough to stop playing with my fives - This was the first one I owned in the mid 90s, I believe the lad I sold it to still owns it! Still looks good today...

"http://i39.tinypic.com/2a83gx5" alt="2a83gx5">

The one i've got now has been welded up and sprayed, just got to build it back up and put the rebuilt engine in it, which when I get it all jetted up and the fuelling/boost right, should be a nice safe 200bhp  :D

Grown up a bit recently, stopped collecting trainers and jackets (well it's been a fortnight) but not enough to stop playing with my fives - This was the first one I owned in the mid 90s, I believe the lad I sold it to still owns it! Still looks good today...

"http://i39.tinypic.com/2a83gx5" alt="2a83gx5">

The one i've got now has been welded up and sprayed, just got to build it back up and put the rebuilt engine in it, which when I get it all jetted up and the fuelling/boost right, should be a nice safe 200bhp  :D

my mate had a white GT Turbo when we were in our mid 20's. It was a crazy mental beast. He crashed it in Pentrich.

my mate had a white GT Turbo when we were in our mid 20's. It was a crazy mental beast. He crashed it in Pentrich.

Haha was he alright? This one I'm building is pearl white, 100% standard bar the engine, brakes and suspension, should look similar, I'll put a picture up when it's done.

They're hard to drive now after years spent in modern cars, left leg like iron man! It's funny though, take one for a spin and you get all the men in big expensive German cars slowing down, following you, letting you out... had a lad in a slime green Lamborghini pull alongside and make a swap gesture, put my indicator on for a laugh and he booted it. You have to be prepared for a ten minute chat every time you fill up anorl :lol:

Daren't drive it through Belper, the Impreza crew will swarm and chase me out. Ideal cars for up there though, probably why it is or was full of them.

Anyway, enough about cars... got a match to attend, come on Derby!

Haha was he alright? This one I'm building is pearl white, 100% standard bar the engine, brakes and suspension, should look similar, I'll put a picture up when it's done.

They're hard to drive now after years spent in modern cars, left leg like iron man! It's funny though, take one for a spin and you get all the men in big expensive German cars slowing down, following you, letting you out... had a lad in a slime green Lamborghini pull alongside and make a swap gesture, put my indicator on for a laugh and he booted it. You have to be prepared for a ten minute chat every time you fill up anorl :lol:

Daren't drive it through Belper, the Impreza crew will swarm and chase me out. Ideal cars for up there though, probably why it is or was full of them.

Anyway, enough about cars... got a match to attend, come on Derby!

yeah, skidded to a slow impact. Hit the front of a Chevette, and didn't do much damage to his, and the other bloke didn't make a fuss and took a cash payment to fix his. Lucky sod.

Still remember him making us sit in it ages with the engine running when he parked it as he wanted to let the oil get around the turbo/ engine or summart?

Overrated. Too much hair..... :ph34r:

Classic movies for me. Proper movie buff. Sadly, the wife just doesn't get it. If it's B&W she don't want to know.  :(

Yep, mine too. My favourite film is, It's a wonderful life. I love all the old black and white horrors too.

I got caught by the fish bug in my mid teens. Trying to work on the missus to allow me another tank into the study. Its a hobby you can never be satisfied with as there is always something else to tempt your fancy, rather annoying at times.

Archived