Huddersfield Town v Derby County

sage

Penalties don't just rely on technique. Nathan Ellington had no technique what so ever but don't think he ever missed a penalty. He just pee rolled it into the net all the time.

Ellington's penalties were all about technique. He got them right because he sent the goalkeeper diving before he touched the ball, due to his body shape.

That takes a lot of practice. It was a perfect technique.

And it might explain why he was useless at everything else.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The penalty v doncaster should have been retaken due to significant encroachment.

The nathan ellington thing comes up everytime we miss.

It was a piss poor technique from a piss poor player.

Not a good example at all.

Ellington's penalties were all about technique. He got them right because he sent the goalkeeper diving before he touched the ball, due to his body shape.

That takes a lot of practice. It was a perfect technique.

And it might explain why he was useless at everything else.

Alan Hinton had great technique, good body shape, perfect technique and was useful at everything else.  shame that was 40 odd years ago!

A striker should be "striking" a penalty with venom, not side footing it for placement.

You can still absolutely batter a penalty and pick a spot for it to go.

If you welly the ball and the keeper guesses right, quite often the sheer power will still elude the keeper.

Missed two in a row now, time for a change.

they mentioned the 'doll' on RD , and how it didn't re-appear for the second half ,

nothing to do with you , i trust , you did see the second half , or was the temptation too great .. :lol:

She was full.

Alan Hinton had great technique, good body shape, perfect technique and was useful at everything else.  shame that was 40 odd years ago!

He also absolutely wellied the bloody thing into the corner.

I always liked Ballotelli's attitude towards penalty taking. I think he was being asked about why he never misses even after a couple of particularly high pressure last minute peons.

To paraphrase, he said something like: I get paid a lot of money to score goals in all kinds of situations, the least I should be able to do is put it in from 12 yards with only the keeper to beat. Any striker that can't score a penalty every time is simply not a very good striker.

Not saying Martin I not very good of course, not everyone can score every penalty, but I like Balotelli's attitude there.

The peno was no where near the corner, I think he also should have done better with the rebound. His overall play was still good though.

I thought he was shocking. Ref didn't fall for his cons and didn't give him a single free kick for his "diving". He seemed to isolated more me, and when they were pressing he was seemingly useless and couldn't put the work in as he was shagged

Good point in the end. Martin's peno was shocking again. Cisse had to come on for Hughes as he was shattered, but he was so poor when he came on and cost us the goal. I got hit in the head by the blow up doll and got flashed by one of the many speed cameras on the way back, but still a good day

i kind of fancied the doll. With the big tits and wearing a Derby scarf

Makes you wonder why Hendricks wasn't in the squad because he'd of been an ideal replacement for Hughes if he'd of been substituted!

The commentator should of asked McClaren after the game why he wasn't in the 18?

Ask srg.

He knows.

I always liked Ballotelli's attitude towards penalty taking. I think he was being asked about why he never misses even after a couple of particularly high pressure last minute peons.

To paraphrase, he said something like: I get paid a lot of money to score goals in all kinds of situations, the least I should be able to do is put it in from 12 yards with only the keeper to beat. Any striker that can't score a penalty every time is simply not a very good striker.

Not saying Martin I not very good of course, not everyone can score every penalty, but I like Balotelli's attitude there.

He missed not that long ago!! :lol:

I thought he was shocking. Ref didn't fall for his cons and didn't give him a single free kick for his "diving". He seemed to isolated more me, and when they were pressing he was seemingly useless and couldn't put the work in as he was shagged

Shocking? You're very easily shocked! 

Archived