Huddersfield Town v Derby County

sage

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Huddersfield fan here!

Would just like to say what a cracking game that was yesterday! Both sides gave everything and if it wasn't for a piss poor referee I think we could have scraped it in the 2nd half ;)

Anyway would just like to say that your first half performance was the best I've seen at huddersfield this year! I thought Hughes and Bryson ran the show! Bryson looks a real player! You probably should have been 3 up at HT really. We were poor first half but thankfully dominated most of the 2nd half and got a deserved point in the end! I believe you will go up this year after yesterday, however I think you will need to strengthen some areas in January! Buxton looked dodgy yesterday, never really rated him though, so I think a CB with a bit of a physical presence will be needed! Jamie ward looks good for about 20mins in most games I see him play so needs replacing with somebody willing to put a shift in for 90minutes every week! I think then maybe a new striker that will get you double figures a season just to give martin a little competition up top as he just looked like a player that didn't really care about the result as he knew he would be playing in the next game anyway so wasn't bothered!

Anyways, will be good to hear what you thought of huddersfield, who you thought stood out yesterday and where we could improve the squad?

Cheers

P.S. Vaughan is not for sale ;)

Would just like to say what a cracking game that was yesterday! Both sides gave everything and if it wasn't for a piss poor referee I think we could have scraped it in the 2nd half ;)

Anyway would just like to say that your first half performance was the best I've seen at huddersfield this year! I thought Hughes and Bryson ran the show! Bryson looks a real player! You probably should have been 3 up at HT really. We were poor first half but thankfully dominated most of the 2nd half and got a deserved point in the end! I believe you will go up this year after yesterday, however I think you will need to strengthen some areas in January! Buxton looked dodgy yesterday, never really rated him though, so I think a CB with a bit of a physical presence will be needed! Jamie ward looks good for about 20mins in most games I see him play so needs replacing with somebody willing to put a shift in for 90minutes every week! I think then maybe a new striker that will get you double figures a season just to give martin a little competition up top as he just looked like a player that didn't really care about the result as he knew he would be playing in the next game anyway so wasn't bothered!

Anyways, will be good to hear what you thought of huddersfield, who you thought stood out yesterday and where we could improve the squad?

Cheers

we need a new CB, where have i heard that before?

I thought that Huddersfield battered us in the second half. Perhaps if we had taken our chances and scored a second goal in the first half it would have been game, set and match and we would have gone on and buried you like we have others this season but we didn't, and that gave Huddersfield hope.

Adam Clayton impressed the hell out of me in the second half especially.

Looks like bucko was offside for the freekick?

But since the ball went over his head was he active or non-active or what?

Probably as active as Halford was for the Florists yesterday

Cheers

I think we can play alot better than we did - even in the first half.

The penalty miss was a huge factor in dropping points.

The disallowed goal was a bit strange too.

I thought huddersfield got better and better as the game went on.

And we dropped deeper and deeper.

For once, our subs made little positive impact, and huddersfield took over in central midfield.

Clayton - 92 touches of the ball! And Town prepared to shoot from distance.

Good finish by Patterson for the equaliser.

Credit where it is due but it still feels like points dropped.

When do DCFC put the goal highlights on youtube channel?

Sky sports dont have them on the match page yet.

Does rams player still feel the need to put highlights and interviews on rams player first, if they are all going to go on the youtube channel later anwyay?

i dont get it.

Whilst I understand that winning 7 games in a row buys you a lot of breathing space, I can't believe that there hasn't been a single comment about us conceding a goal and dropping two points IN THE LAST 5 MINUTES, especially when the sub who came on for Hughes cost us the game.

Not one comment about why we bring on another defensive midfielder and we take off Hughes instead of Eustace or why we didn't change it earlier. not one comment about Sammon getting 6 minutes.

Not a single comment about putting Jeff on the naughty step.

It goes to show how ready people are to ignore negatives they don't want to see.

I'm really nervous about the January window, I STILL don't trust McClaren to leave us alone.

Hopefully Simpson who is obviously the real talent driving us, will keep him in check.

Poor tactics, poor substitutions, petty dropping of a player who is key and two points dropped trying to defend and sitting back inviting them on.

Hudders need to have a quiet word with their stewards, I know they're G4S, which explains it, but the constant eyeballing was weird. I got asked where I was going at the top of the stairs mid match whilst going for a wee. And the best was "what row are you on?"....."F" carry on walking..... "Thats the sixth one from the front" 

I mentioned to my brother in law at the time that the usual anti-McClaren suspect would have a mega-whinge about the substitutions.

Hey Presto, he did. Ronnie, you are as transparent as water.

I mentioned to my brother in law at the time that the usual anti-McClaren suspect would have a mega-whinge about the substitutions.

Hey Presto, he did. Ronnie, you are as transparent as water.

If you can't see that what I'm doing then that's not my fault.

Transparent as water or trying to make a point about how ridiculous it got under the last regime.

Maybe a bit too clever for my own good but certainly not as transparent as you might be trying to guess.

If you can't see that what I'm doing then that's not my fault.

Transparent as water or trying to make a point about how ridiculous it got under the last regime.

Maybe a bit too clever for my own good but certainly not as transparent as you might be trying to guess.

You are dead right - I didn't see that coming. You devious little devil.

Whilst I understand that winning 7 games in a row buys you a lot of breathing space, I can't believe that there hasn't been a single comment about us conceding a goal and dropping two points IN THE LAST 5 MINUTES, especially when the sub who came on for Hughes cost us the game.

Not one comment about why we bring on another defensive midfielder and we take off Hughes instead of Eustace or why we didn't change it earlier. not one comment about Sammon getting 6 minutes.

Not a single comment about putting Jeff on the naughty step.

It goes to show how ready people are to ignore negatives they don't want to see.

I'm really nervous about the January window, I STILL don't trust McClaren to leave us alone.

Hopefully Simpson who is obviously the real talent driving us, will keep him in check.

Poor tactics, poor substitutions, petty dropping of a player who is key and two points dropped trying to defend and sitting back inviting them on.

Difference is this is the first time in 12 games that this has happened under McClaren, most of his late subs in tight game have been attacking.

Difference is this is the first time in 12 games that this has happened under McClaren, most of his late subs in tight game have been attacking.

It's the first time one of his substitutions hasn't worked. So far pretty much everything he's touched has turned to gold.

The start he's made, of course he's more than entitled to drop a ******* every now and then. I'll say THAT again in case Eddie and his brother in law manage to miss it next time they're talking about drink induced diarrhea or moaning forum fans.

Everything Steve McClaren has done since he got here has been positive.

Not yesterday it wasn't though and why can't I say that?

5 years of never being able to enjoy a win cos some duck egg pulls it apart within 30 minutes of the game finishing. I've got a lot of catching up to do before I'm even close to that level of duckiness.

A point away to Huddersfield is NOT a bad result. 22 points from 24 is a sensational return. Steve McC is responsible for that as much as for yesterdays substitutions which cost us the game.

Or am I wrong?

Ronnie, when in a hole, it occasionally pays to stop digging.

What you see as a me digging myself further into a hole Edward, I see as me being reasonable and honest enough to explain what I wrote.

I don't understand the angle you're coming from.

I haven't even written anything slightly like whining.

Every point I made was a direct comparison with what WAS written about Clough in his time with us. If he were still in charge, irrespective of time of season, there'd be 15-20 posters on within an hour smashing those substitutions, smashing the fact Hendrick was left out and no doubt the victim of some Clough bullying, smashing the tactics, him, his backroom staff (apart from metgod who was the real talent)

I honestly expected you and the other regulars to recognise it was a slightly tongue in cheek post giving one or two of the people I've debated with over the years an opportunity to think of how ridiculous it sounds when written down like that.

You decided it was a whine, you read it how you wanted to read it and even though I explianed it, you're still more concerned with trying to put across my "anti McClaren" stance.

I'm so anti Steve that not once have I predicted anything other than a victory since he got here.

I'm not anti Steve at all, I just don't buy that he's a miracle working Messiah who has now even been credited with transforming Bucko into a player by the same numpties who had always and regularly castigated him as NLN's golden boy.

The lack of even one complaint just didn't feel right. We dropped two points by conceding a late goal by trying to keep the game tight.  I was expecting all hell to break loose.

That's all.

Archived