Steve McClaren is brilliant

Phoenix1

I'd love to ask the players what exactly it is, that has happened since McClaren came in. What is the X factor? It was almost overnight wasn't it.  Positive tactics, positive approach to everything I s'pose. 

Perhaps we shouldn't think about it too much - just enjoy it. :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to ask the players what exactly it is, that has happened since McClaren came in. What is the X factor? It was almost overnight wasn't it.  Positive tactics, positive approach to everything I s'pose. 

Perhaps we shouldn't think about it too much - just enjoy it. :)

It's a shitty talent show

Thought McClaren was unlucky to lose the England job. If memory serves me right, a few games prior to the final Croatia one, had served up some good results. A goal keeping error cost him his job. Rams were also doing well when he was with Jim Smith. When he left, they slipped.

Not knocking the results, and its great to be THE form team in the division but there is still a hell of a long way to go

Not saying there isn't but you can only beat who is in-front of you and seeing people be unhappy about a performance where we scored three goals and won by 2 is very pleasing.

Got the winning mentality back that we have lacked since the late 90s.

Something strange happened today that hasn't happened to me in a long time.

A year ago under Clough I think any fan would have taken 3-1 despite us maybe not playing to our best, it's a testament to our team and the coaching staff that they have put this winning run together. I left feeling disappointed today. It's strange I feel disappointed because we're only 3 points off top now, we have the best away record in the division, 12 more goals than any other team. Most goal scorers, best shot to conversion rate. I've realised that we've been playing like nothing I've see. Since the early Smith years. Every time we to forward we look dangerous. Our strikers score goals, our midfielders score goals, we can't seem to stop scoring. Our once terrible touch on the ball under Clough has begun to improve drastically. Our midfield is truly something to behold, Bryson is surely the best in form midfielder in the league, Hughes's impact on the game is brilliant because it's so unnoticeable. He is such as graceful, light midfielder and can pass the ball with such an impressive movement. Bryson, Hughes and Eustace are the envy of this division.

So no I'm not happy we won 3-1. We should have won 5-1, maybe even 6-1. I know when I'm not happy after a game like this. When we aren't playing to our best against a side that gave us a tough game, you know we have the ability to demolish pretty much any team below the top . I think Something great might happen this season.

JANUARY 10th - LEICESTER- MCCLARENS Judgement day.

Something strange happened today that hasn't happened to me in a long time.

A year ago under Clough I think any fan would have taken 3-1 despite us maybe not playing to our best, it's a testament to our team and the coaching staff that they have put this winning run together. I left feeling disappointed today. It's strange I feel disappointed because we're only 3 points off top now, we have the best away record in the division, 12 more goals than any other team. Most goal scorers, best shot to conversion rate. I've realised that we've been playing like nothing I've see. Since the early Smith years. Every time we to forward we look dangerous. Our strikers score goals, our midfielders score goals, we can't seem to stop scoring. Our once terrible touch on the ball under Clough has begun to improve drastically. Our midfield is truly something to behold, Bryson is surely the best in form midfielder in the league, Hughes's impact on the game is brilliant because it's so unnoticeable. He is such as graceful, light midfielder and can pass the ball with such an impressive movement. Bryson, Hughes and Eustace are the envy of this division.

So no I'm not happy we won 3-1. We should have won 5-1, maybe even 6-1. I know when I'm not happy after a game like this. When we aren't playing to our best against a side that gave us a tough game, you know we have the ability to demolish pretty much any team below the top . I think Something great might happen this season.

JANUARY 10th - LEICESTER- MCCLARENS Judgement day.

The best thing about this is we are playing so well that there are very few teams "better than us" who we come up against as we are among the VERY best in this division. 

We've seen (and been!) teams that raise their game against the top teams and then "Slip up against a banana skin team through over confidence or the belief that winning is some sort of divine right.

Decent teams have found themselves relegated with that attitude!

For us the only way is up!

Not knocking the results, and its great to be THE form team in the division but there is still a hell of a long way to go

I agree with that we were strangely off it at times today. But if you win and play poorly that's a great habit to have. We played really well one minute and really poorly the next it was a strange game.

PS Mac is doing a great job.

When we're playing well we look a class above, our players seem almost untouchable - the opposition might as well just be dummies on rails as we pass and move around them. We've got players who seem able to carry the ball forward through congested areas, surging past people like they're not even there (Bryson especially).

We probably played like that for about 30 of the 90 minutes today.

Archived