Steve McClaren is brilliant

Phoenix1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to ask the players what exactly it is, that has happened since McClaren came in. What is the X factor? It was almost overnight wasn't it.  Positive tactics, positive approach to everything I s'pose. 

Perhaps we shouldn't think about it too much - just enjoy it. :)

No...it was over half time against Ipswich

I for one thought the McClaren would struggle. I can safely say that I've never been so pleased to be completely and unequivocally wrong.

Everytime I listen to McClaren he has me from his first word. His analysis of every game is incredible. The guy's just spot-on.

Terrific guy...he could probably convince me to jump off a cliff.

Ha! Yeah, it's just when you walk away from a win and you say "Great win" but the little voice in you're head is saying "we were sloppy in possession and we really could have won prettier... but i can't say that because i sound like an ungrateful ****"

McClaren or Simpson says it!

Personally I think getting Paul Simpson and Eric Steele is one of the biggest reasons for all of this this, we've essentially got two managers, one used to being on the touchline and one more tactical, as well as Fergie's best goalkeeping coach.

I was right behind Clough when he went but that's a damn site better coaching wise than Gary Crosby and Andy Garner! (Though I wouldn't have minded Metgod staying had he wanted to)

Metgod was a dour moaner.

Crosby was as thick as a post.

Garner ok but too fat.

Martin taylor was even fatter.

The whole bench was too fat and too bald.

We had the fattest physio's i've ever seen.

Give me simmo any day.

I don't think being fat is a big issue for coaches. Players are a different matter though, are you listening Andy Reid!

Of course its an issue.

They need to be fit. They need to set an example.

I haven't seen the mega-hefty basta for a while.....matt brown?

I haven't seen him, but he's been mentioned by McClaren in passing in an interview.

I disagree that a physio needs to set an example. If that was the case we'd have a team full of jabba the huts, we haven't - it makes no odds.

If he can do his job, which our highly qualified management set-up seems to think he can, then that's good enough for me.

Matt Brown has been a sports physio for over 20 years, I believe.

EDIT: Yeah, he started at Burton in 1992!

I haven't seen him, but he's been mentioned by McClaren in passing in an interview.

I disagree that a physio needs to set an example. If that was the case we'd have a team full of jabba the huts, we haven't - it makes no odds.

If he can do his job, which our highly qualified management set-up seems to think he can, then that's good enough for me.

Matt Brown has been a sports physio for over 20 years, I believe.

We've got that little skinny chap who keeps them fit.....steve haines?

Archived