championship title for taking

B4ev6is

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realise I may have overused 'and' too much in that last sentence and I am very sorry and stuff.

You got your message across, I've got to and it to you.

Football fans hey. Even when our team is doing well we find reasons to argue with each other.

For the record I'm just happy with how we are playing. I'm no longer nervous when the oppo attack (well not as nervous, there will always be a twinge of nervousness). We defend as a unit, we defend earlier and by that I mean before there were a lot of last ditch tackles, bodies were just thrown about in order to keep the ball out rather than defending as a unit. Wisdom is a great loan signing and I'm impressed with the cutting edge that Dawkins is giving us. In terms of general play, there's not a huge difference. We still keep the ball well and pass well, the difference is before we passed for passing a sake and now there appears to be an end product, a purpose to the passing. When there's an option available then it's taken.

This is in no way slagging off the previous management. They did a great job in steadying the ship and a got the players in and instigated the passing ethos. It's small changes that have happened but in the championship the difference between most teams are small ones. Someone said that we haven't dominated any team recently, well that seldom happens in this league. It's a very tough competitive league and there are a few games where you will completely dominate and out play the oppo. What we're doing is finding different ways to win, some games we'll dominate and some we'll be patient and grind out results. It's that type of mentality that will move us forward.

As for promotion - far too early to say. We're doing well at the moment and if that continues then why not but being that consistent for the whole of a championship season is a very difficult task.

Vessels dear boy, empty vessels make most noise and if you can't take the post as it was meant ie in fun, you must be one miserable get.  :rolleyes:

He could take your post......

But it might make his eyes water.

Football fans hey. Even when our team is doing well we find reasons to argue with each other.

For the record I'm just happy with how we are playing. I'm no longer nervous when the oppo attack (well not as nervous, there will always be a twinge of nervousness). We defend as a unit, we defend earlier and by that I mean before there were a lot of last ditch tackles, bodies were just thrown about in order to keep the ball out rather than defending as a unit. Wisdom is a great loan signing and I'm impressed with the cutting edge that Dawkins is giving us. In terms of general play, there's not a huge difference. We still keep the ball well and pass well, the difference is before we passed for passing a sake and now there appears to be an end product, a purpose to the passing. When there's an option available then it's taken.

This is in no way slagging off the previous management. They did a great job in steadying the ship and a got the players in and instigated the passing ethos. It's small changes that have happened but in the championship the difference between most teams are small ones. Someone said that we haven't dominated any team recently, well that seldom happens in this league. It's a very tough competitive league and there are a few games where you will completely dominate and out play the oppo. What we're doing is finding different ways to win, some games we'll dominate and some we'll be patient and grind out results. It's that type of mentality that will move us forward.

As for promotion - far too early to say. We're doing well at the moment and if that continues then why not but being that consistent for the whole of a championship season is a very difficult task.

I think that's the key part to our recent success and biggest chance our new staff has made. Higher lines and much higher tempo  with full team pressure from up front. Gives more time to our relatively slow defence to react and all of them look like they can defend (I'm still not convinced, though. I'd still swap 2-3/4 of them). And, fortunately, we had team which could do it straight away. Didn't have to do another overhaul of players..

88 points is there abouts when it comes to winning the title (except when the toon went up with 100+). For us to get 88 points it would take us getting 1.91 points per each remaining game. That is a massive ask for the rest of the season. I'd be happy with the playoffs, once you have a ticket, anything can happen! 

I recon the Chelsea game will be the turning point if we get absolutely battered how will we recover?

on the other hand IF we won then the players will be even more eager to reach the promised land and play teams like Chelsea week in week out.

we were in this position last year and the Americans didn't invest enough to keep us around the playoffs so have they learnt from last season and will they back mclaren in this seasons window to give us a shout of going up?

never been this excited about a january in years!

Archived