championship title for taking

B4ev6is

First post for a very long time ..

I've not felt this optimistic about a season since 95-96 when we did 20 unbeaten on the bounce !

In the December we hammered Sheff Utd and Barnsley at home, and beat Sunderland to go top before Xmas ( Marco !!!) before going clear on Boxing Day at a freezing Huddersfield, courtesy of Ron Willems !

I can see us in the top two by the New Year. We should fear no team.

McLaren has found his spiritual home .. Yesterday was just awesome... We are going up, but I really hope it's automatic !

I'm damned sure Igor enjoyed watching that !!

YOU RAMS !!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nigel laid the foundations of this team about as much as Frank Riijkard laid the foundations of arguably the greatest club side ever seen

The similarities are the same.. They won't be remembered because they couldn't manage them to their top level..

If we win the league I think it'll show just how bad a man manager and tactician Clough was..

'Decent scout though'

Not going to talk about Nigel again myself. He left good ball players and so did Roberto Martinez, George Burley, Sean O'Driscol and many more.

Thanks and goodbye. McClaren's Derby won 5-1 yesterday.

So, with that said I'd just like to pop in again and say the Boro performance wasn't poor. It was flat. Like yesterday only 1 team was going to win it. Except yesterday we looked like we'd walk it and at Boro for 60 mins we looked like we'd just see it through, then for 20 mins like we'd let it slip by being a bit sluggish. The rest of the time it was even. Boro were never on top

Neither were Bournemouth.

I'm happy to call us ***** when we're ***** but I think people are unfair sometimes.

Wigan 2nd half was poor.

QPR first half was negative.

But credit where it's due we've completely controlled the last two games.

Sometimes when 'live' people's emotions exaggerated certain things. If you were a neutral or were watching the game again on RamsPlayer knowing the score I think you might see it differently.

Yesterday I heard people calling for early crosses and to stop over playing.

These people would sit and watch Barca play and enjoy their overplaying and call them a great side and a great model. Yes it's possible to over play but I think the stress you feel watching your own team can stop you appreciating the quality.

Could have done some overplay at Wigan 2nd half instead of slipping into an ugly dysfunctional performance.

It really is McLarens Derby.

Never could a man have stamped his own mark on a team as he has.

You just have to see how players such as Buxton and Forsyth have raised their game to realise what's happened.

Buxton playing 45 yard precision passes to the wings ??

NC's squad, but McLaren, Simmo and Erics' team.

YOU RAMS !!!!

You just have to see how players such as Buxton and Forsyth have raised their game to realise what's happened.

YOU RAMS !!!!

Keogh and Forsyth have come on massively. Wisdom has been great.

The alternative versions and Smith were letting us down a bit. Who else can you give credit for that if not the current set up?

Just as Martin and Russell are good signings for Clough.

Just credit where it's due really? We shouldn't need to pick camps. Evolution not revolution?

I can see the title being won , and think we will be top of the league on 1st January , players are now going on the park full of confidence and that's the difference , always been good players and have a great attitude to the game , now playing with confidence and that's half the battle in football

Evolution every time !!

Keogh is now the Captain that he should be .

The whole squad has raised their game because they know they have strong competition in all positions.

They believe they can 'do it'.

So do I .

Yesterday wasn't just a well-deserved win. It was the realisation that we are as good as we think we are! ( if that makes any sense at all?!)

Evolution every time !!

The whole squad has raised their game because they know they have strong competition in all positions.

So do I .

Yesterday wasn't just a well-deserved win. It was the realisation that we are as good as we think we are! ( if that makes any sense at all?!)

Evolution every time !!

So do I .

I'm seeing double....shouldn't have had that last bottle.

YOU RAMS !!!!

Buxton's been doing that for about a year. One of the best passers in the team.

Leics fan in peace.

3-4 weeks back I was reasonably confident of us getting top 2 as burnley I think will fall off and no other teams looked capable of putting a run rogether.  But now you guys look very strong under mclaren and it seems clear clough was holding you back.  I think you guys are favourites now for the top spot with others including ourselves scrapping for 2nd.

Whenever we played you, the obvious problem you had was you was always defensive at 0-0, so often conceded first and only late in the game you changed to better tactics so usually was chasing the gamem I dont know if you played like this against other teams but it was your problem against us.  I think you are the best team in the league at the moment.

Even tho we lost 2 games I probably still would have felt confident in going up with qpr but now ti seems more  likely us and qpr fighting for 2nd with you been #1, unless somehow you get screwed with injuries, or your tactics been found out or something.

Leics fan in peace.

3-4 weeks back I was reasonably confident of us getting top 2 as burnley I think will fall off and no other teams looked capable of putting a run rogether. But now you guys look very strong under mclaren and it seems clear clough was holding you back. I think you guys are favourites now for the top spot with others including ourselves scrapping for 2nd.

Whenever we played you, the obvious problem you had was you was always defensive at 0-0, so often conceded first and only late in the game you changed to better tactics so usually was chasing the gamem I dont know if you played like this against other teams but it was your problem against us. I think you are the best team in the league at the moment.

Even tho we lost 2 games I probably still would have felt confident in going up with qpr but now ti seems more likely us and qpr fighting for 2nd with you been #1, unless somehow you get screwed with injuries, or your tactics been found out or something.

Right now we're riding on a high and look like we have the skill to win most our games and the luck to get points out of the rest.

At some point we'll get bad luck and bad decisions. It's then we'll see how serious we are. For now we can just enjoy it.

How do you lads feel about Pearson?

Right now we're riding on a high and look like we have the skill to win most our games and the luck to get points out of the rest.

At some point we'll get bad luck and bad decisions. It's then we'll see how serious we are. For now we can just enjoy it.

How do you lads feel about Pearson?

I am not his greatest fan but he always has us around the top of the table so have to back him, even with his flaws. Last season was hard to forgive tho considering where we were in january vs may.

The problem with pearson is that although we win more than we lose every win is like a long hard battle, rarely comfortable. I think this is one reason why our form flips so easily as it doesnt take much to put us on a losing run.

Nigel laid the foundations of this team about as much as Frank Riijkard laid the foundations of arguably the greatest club side ever seen

The similarities are the same.. They won't be remembered because they couldn't manage them to their top level..

If we win the league I think it'll show just how bad a man manager and tactician Clough was..

'Decent scout though'

:lol:  :lol:

Nigel laid the foundations of this team about as much as Johan Cruyff laid the foundations of arguably the greatest club side ever seen

'Decent scout though'

Fixed that for you. Everyone at Barca would agree that Cruyff set Barca up to be who they are now. their whole philosophy was set by cruyff. the solid foundations he set have led to continued success and a conveyor belt of quality players. i agree with ur overall point though. clough has put in foundations, thanks to him we can now get a great coach like schteve to take us further.

Archived