Steve McClaren

Day

Yes, really.  Do you think different?  If so, Why?

Do you not think that there has been a shift to a more possitive outlook? The Watford game foe example, would NC have put a forward on at 2-2 away from home? Possibly he would, but I doubt it.

What about the introduction of Cisse/Eustace in front of the back four allowing the other midfielders more licence to do what they do best? Surely you must agree that there has been a general tightening up at the back?

There can be no argument that results have improved under McClaren with what is essentially the same squad.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you not think that there has been a shift to a more possitive outlook? The Watford game foe example, would NC have put a forward on at 2-2 away from home? Possibly he would, but I doubt it.

What about the introduction of Cisse/Eustace in front of the back four allowing the other midfielders more licence to do what they do best? Surely you must agree that there has been a general tightening up at the back?

There can be no argument that results have improved under McClaren with what is essentially the same squad.

Agree with all of the above, the positivity around the club is a joy to see as well

I don't think he was killing the club, and there is nothing wrong with predictable, and I would go as far to say that he did a job that Steve would probably have failed at in stabilising the club.

He couldn't take us to the next level, but I don't think anyone should under estimate what he achieved in his time at derby, and should we go up this or next season he should quite rightly take some of the credit.

I wasn't a fan of his, but could see the good he did at the club during his time, yes it became stale, yes there is a better chance of getting into the play offs now, but I thank him for the job he did in getting us where we are now.

I meant he was killing the hope and excitement at the club; fans were drifting away in their thousands because every season was becoming the same. I know he did a good job stabilising he club but he stayed too long. I agree that Schteve may not have succeeded in stabilising things but he will do what Clough couldn't and take us to the next level.

He and his staff has definitely changed everything without actually changing much.

Best thing is the whole crew he brought with him. Simmo, Steele and himself are so good speakers that I listen their interviews with pleasure. And I think getting Gibson in was another masterstroke. He knows what fans want and gives us little bit of extra info, which pleases many of us.

And at last someone is trying to get our defence sorted. I'm suprised how glad it has made me.

You see the gumps starting to flounder even though them, Leicester and QPR have the biggest, most expensive squads and you see little old Derby slowly shrugging off the cloak of hibernation stumbling into the sunshine rubbing their eyes.....

Its coming home............its meant to be..............Stevie Mac has arrived just at the right time, Nige shored us up, stopped us doing a Portsmouth and now its time...........it feels right, Simmo and Eric are the perfect balance to Steve's occasional transfer aberrations.

Its all coming together, a decent christmas, go into the new year in the top 6, smash a prem team in the FA Cup 3rd round then go on a glorious run to snatch automatic promotion on the last day away at Leeds.............

ooooh, i leaked a little bit then :blink:  :D

You see the gumps starting to flounder even though them, Leicester and QPR have the biggest, most expensive squads and you see little old Derby slowly shrugging off the cloak of hibernation stumbling into the sunshine rubbing their eyes.....

Its coming home............its meant to be..............Stevie Mac has arrived just at the right time, Nige shored us up, stopped us doing a Portsmouth and now its time...........it feels right, Simmo and Eric are the perfect balance to Steve's occasional transfer aberrations.

Its all coming together, a decent christmas, go into the new year in the top 6, smash a prem team in the FA Cup 3rd round then go on a glorious run to snatch automatic promotion on the last day away at Leeds.............

ooooh, i leaked a little bit then :blink::D

god i got all excited then. Ya bugga

ooooh, i leaked a little bit then :blink:  :D

No you didn't.

At our age, undies are meant to have a yellow gusset and smell of ammonia, Utch.

Archived