Different Stadium Name?

San Fran Van Rams

Pride Park Stadium has now become the iPro Stadium in a deal worth £7m. This has split fans' opinion, but the recent name change got me thinking: what else could the stadium have been called as opposed to Pride Park? 

Derby has a rich industrial heritage, considered the 'birth place of the industrial revolution' and became the 'foremost centre' of the British rail industry. Derby County also has a rich footballing heritage being a founding member of the Football League.

So, what other names could have been used when the stadium was first opened, or was Pride Park the perfect name?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always liked the fact that Rail Madrid's stadium was named after their legendary player and manager Santiago Bernabeu, So I would've gone down the route of immortalising a legend. This in itself would split opinion, and I also think you could ONLY use the surname.

Bloomer Park, Stamps Arena, (a legend to me, Reg) Harrison Field/Ford lol 

I always liked the fact that Rail Madrid's stadium was named after their legendary player and manager Santiago Bernabeu, So I would've gone down the route of immortalising a legend. This in itself would split opinion, and I also think you could ONLY use the surname.

Bloomer Park, Stamps Arena, (a legend to me, Reg) Harrison Field/Ford lol 

The Beck Bowl? 

Was the Brian Clough stadium ever considered?

How much sponsorship would the 'Brian Clough' arena have brought in?

I don't think they'd do it whilst the person was still alive. I also think that, although a legend, he was more associated with that showerofshite up the A52 than us, they already had a Brian Clough stand (I think).  The fact that Dave MacKay bought us glory as player, captain and manager makes him slightly more legendary IMO

I don't think they'd do it whilst the person was still alive. I also think that, although a legend, he was more associated with that showerofshite up the A52 than us, they already had a Brian Clough stand (I think).  The fact that Dave MacKay bought us glory as player, captain and manager makes him slightly more legendary IMO

He was also a bloody good double glazing salesman.

Was the Brian Clough stadium ever considered?

the board we have cant stand the cloughies ,that's obvious from what happened last month,now thay have changed the stadium name

whats next for derby,i wouldn't put it pass the ******* to sell derby,i still say get rid of board and get rid off that **** maclaren

Oooo controversial, but quite true.

As mentioned earlier, if the stadium were to be named after a person, I think something along the lines of Bloomer Park would have fitted quite nicely, or maybe even Morley Park....

How much sponsorship would the 'Brian Clough' arena have brought in?

why the hell do we have to change the name of pride park when it was the fans that picked it,again this is done without the people who pay there wages its a discrace,7 million over 10 years isn't even a million a year that sam needs to go he is ruining this great club

why the hell do we have to change the name of pride park when it was the fans that picked it,again this is done without the people who pay there wages its a discrace,7 million over 10 years isn't even a million a year that sam needs to go he is ruining this great club

When did they start selling calculators in Nottingham?

IF  the fans picked it, the fans short replace the £700k per year they'd lose to keep it as Pride Park. I'll let you start, how much are you putting in?

the board we have cant stand the cloughies ,that's obvious from what happened last month,now thay have changed the stadium name

whats next for derby,i wouldn't put it pass the ******* to sell derby,i still say get rid of board and get rid off that **** McClaren

Jesus Christ. Silly season in Nottingham I see.

whats next for derby,i wouldn't put it pass the ******* to sell derby,i still say get rid of board and get rid off that **** McClaren

nothing like a bit of WUMMERY to stir the hornets nest! No proper Derby fan would say any of that *****.

Archived