Different Stadium Name?

San Fran Van Rams

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the board we have cant stand the cloughies ,that's obvious from what happened last month,now thay have changed the stadium name

whats next for derby,i wouldn't put it pass the ******* to sell derby,i still say get rid of board and get rid off that **** McClaren

"http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy101/luckyeddie_photo/notsureifserious_zps95574b08" alt="notsureifserious_zps95574b08">

I don't think they'd do it whilst the person was still alive. I also think that, although a legend, he was more associated with that showerofshite up the A52 than us, they already had a Brian Clough stand (I think).  The fact that Dave MacKay bought us glory as player, captain and manager makes him slightly more legendary IMO

I see where you're coming from but many of us old timers might not quite agree. In my 50 years of support, nothing has matched the years involving Clough and Taylor. Mackay did very well too, particularly in the difficult times post Clough and Taylor. Then it all went pear shaped for a long time and has [almost] peaked and [certainly]troughed along the way since.

Glad you stayed loyal and watched it pal. Some mardyarsed tossers stopped coming cos' we weren't playing Arsenal every week and not spending more than the gumps. :rolleyes:

I actually live overseas - but I tuned in to rams player every week - which I suppose was more like listening to paint dry.

I'm joking really - there were ups and downs but I don't look back negatively at the clough years and I feel like the change happened at the right time.

I always liked the fact that Rail Madrid's stadium was named after their legendary player and manager Santiago Bernabeu, So I would've gone down the route of immortalising a legend. This in itself would split opinion, and I also think you could ONLY use the surname.

Bloomer Park, Stamps Arena, (a legend to me, Reg) Harrison Field/Ford lol 

The Brolly Stadium would seem appropriate currently

Archived