Callum Ball

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we really suggesting Ball over Sammon? 

christ.

Is Sammon so good as to be untouchable on his one-seventh of the bench?

Buddha!

He is the classic big striker who can finish but doesn't do much else. 15 years ago he would have been great. Every time I have seen him play he has looked unfit. Is it really too much to ask for someone to give him a fitness training regime for a month.

15 years ago he would have been a bit lightweight and short to hack professional football...

#sorry

Why not play Bennett alongside Martin ?, rather than as a winger which he isn't.

Bennett hasn't made any position his own at first team level. I think he has looked ok on the wing.

As much as I wish we hadnt wasted over a million on sammon; its irrelevant now; he didnt ask for the fee to be paid; and SM didnt pay it so the price tag shouldn't come into it.

one thing that cant be argued is sammon gets into goalscoring positions; I say persevere and hope he can discover how to finish. If ball also can compete for a place then that can also be healthy for the squad.

I always thought it was outside our best 11 where we struggled

Looked cracking in training on Tuesday at Pride Park smacking goals in from left right and centre. Looks a lot fitter and appears to have lost weight. Hold up play and distribution looked very good. Looks back to his promising best and has an eye for goal.

Very good finisher could be an asset for us now I think B4 was probably right about this lads potential after all.

Big strong lad that I think will only get better under the SSS

I like Bennett. Has all the attributes bit his decision making let's him down. Caught in two minds and ends up doing neither. That will come with a bit of guidance and self confidence I think. Has a bright future.

I'd like to see Ball come on with 20 to go when Ward is knackered/anonymous.

He's an unknown quantity. Could be great, could be crap.

We all know what we get with Sammon. 20k plus all going 'come on......ahhhhhhhh...******* sammon!'

I like Bennett. Has all the attributes bit his decision making let's him down. Caught in two minds and ends up doing neither. That will come with a bit of guidance and self confidence I think. Has a bright future.

I'd like to see Ball come on with 20 to go when Ward is knackered/anonymous.

He's an unknown quantity. Could be great, could be crap.

We all know what we get with Sammon. 20k plus all going 'come on......ahhhhhhhh...******* sammon!'

I think Callum I has totally different assets to Mason. Mason needs to improve his ball control ie first touch lets him down a bit lets the ball get away from him but is very good running at people . Mason needs to improve his distribution and finishing a bit .

Callum is a natural goalscorer but needs to work more on his fitness but he's getting there.

Bennett looks a bit out of his depth at the moment to me.

Agree. He's just turned 17. Let him play and score in the U21's for another season with the odd 15/20 mins off the bench for the first team.

Could have a top player if we take it steady. He's not as naturally gifted as Barnes, Huddlestone or Hughes but could be a decent striker with his pace and strength given the right coaching.

Archived