Callum Ball

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Callum has bagged a hatrick for our u21's. He has scored in every u21/reserve game since his return to the club, does he deserve his chance? Even if it's off the bench?

I don't get it.

When i don't watch him play, he does amazing things. Every time I've seen him he just looks cumbersome - I don't know, he didn't exactly set the world alight at Coventry or Torquay.

I think he'll end up signing for a league 2 side and slowly becoming a lower-league hitman, get his chance at a club like Barnsley and fail, dropping back down the leagues.

But, could be wrong..  :ph34r:

You can't have seen him play.

Callum Ball has a hammer foot but nothing else - ridiclously poor in the air, one of the worst I have seen in professional football. 

Forgot about Sammon's amazing strike rate with his head.

Callum has bagged a hatrick for our u21's. He has scored in every u21/reserve game since his return to the club, does he deserve his chance? Even if it's off the bench?

The first time I ever saw him play, he reminded me of John O'Hare. He's only just 21, so don't write him off yet.

Callum Ball has a hammer foot but nothing else - ridiclously poor in the air, one of the worst I have seen in professional football. 

In your HONEST opinion, would Callum Ball have scored the volley that Sammon missed from 8 yards out? Would Callum Ball have scored the header that Sammon missed from 7 yards out?

Looking through your posts over the last couple of weeks, you have had little good to say about anyone at Derby. What happened to your ambition?

Seems ages ago since he smashed that goal in Vs WHU. To say he's not particulary progressed since then it's pretty disappointing.

Always has scored goals for youth, reserve and now under 21 teams. Needs to step it up for senior sides at any level.

Eddie surely you can not compare him to the best target man we have ever had :unsure:

I made no comparison at all, Smiffy. I just said that he reminded me of him. Barrel-chested, square shoulders, strong as an ox.

He also reminds me of Billy Caskey

I watched him at macc a couple of years back he scored both in a 2-2 draw! He looked promising but when he got the chance under Clough apart from a very good goal against west ham he didn't really do much else! I think he's a good back up player! Would like to see him get a chance under Stecheve

I bet he was brilliant at kid level. A lad who was much bigger than anyone else at his age. All the parents yelling at the other kids to hoof it upto him. He was too strong for the other kids and smashed his way through them and got goals.

I've seen that scenario plenty of times at youth level. It doesn't make you a good footballer though.

He just isn't good enough from what I've seen from him to play in our first team.  

Archived