Callum Ball

North_Stand_Ram

It's not pace we have lacked, it's players who can use that to beat a man. Look at Theo and Tyson for example, they were really quick but neither could use that, combined with a trick or a drop of the shoulder to go past a man.

Tyson was a strange one, he went on a decent scoring run, last season where he scored match winners, or goals that earned the team a point. Just a shame his injury hampered his career for the club. Even Nigel said so when he sold him.

Jay Emmanuel Thomas is scoring goals for a lowly Bristol City, I'd have him playing ahead of Sammon.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tyson was a strange one, he went on a decent scoring run, last season where he scored match winners, or goals that earned the team a point. Just a shame his injury hampered his career for the club. Even Nigel said so when he sold him.

Jay Emmanuel Thomas is scoring goals for a lowly Bristol City, I'd have him playing ahead of Sammon.

Since when is 2 goals a run?

I remember as a kid when I played footy and chose who you were, I was always Billy Caskey! Or Yaka Banovic if in goals...

When did they let you out?

over 30+ yards Sammon is the quickest. Over 1-5 yards I'd say Ward

depends if they have a ball at their feet, if so sammon has to run 5 times that to keep retrieving it, and therefore would be one of the slowest.

We love to have someone to hate at Derby don't we. Personally I don't get why some have to be so scathing. If you trust the manager why not support who he thinks is decent enough to play. If Sammon is picked or is brought on as a sub why not try to encourage him? If he isn't good enough he will ultimately be sold or fall by the wayside.

All the players I have ever heard comment about him really big him up and sing his praises. If he is good enough for the players to appreciate and good enough for the manager to appreciate, both of which see him in training every day as well as match day then he's good enough to have my respect as a mere supporter.

The morale of the story..........................If you can't say anything constructive why not try saying nothing at all?

How do you know? What percentage of Sammon's game time has Ball had to achieve just as little?

Sammon brings something to a game. He can hassle defenders, which he is very good at. Everytime I watch Callum Ball, he just doesn't have any attributes that I can see that'll make him improve what we have already. Sammon does.

Sammon brings something to a game. He can hassle defenders, which he is very good at. Everytime I watch Callum Ball, he just doesn't have any attributes that I can see that'll make him improve what we have already. Sammon does.

so how many times have you watched Callum Ball play then? How did they compare to the first (same) amount of games that any other striker played?

Can you remember Dean Sturridge's first 20-30 appearances for Derby? I can tell you now, he was GARBAGE!

so how many times have you watched Callum Ball play then? How did they compare to the first (same) amount of games that any other striker played?

Can you remember Dean Sturridge's first 20-30 appearances for Derby? I can tell you now, he was GARBAGE!

I've seen him play around 20 times for us and a couple of games at Coventry. He just seems lost as to what type of striker he is. Mason Bennett has showed me alot more potential and has played fewer games.  I do indeed remember Sturridge playing for us when he was young and he was very raw but at least you could see his potential.

I've seen him play around 20 times for us and a couple of games at Coventry. He just seems lost as to what type of striker he is. Mason Bennett has showed me alot more potential and has played fewer games.  I do indeed remember Sturridge playing for us when he was young and he was very raw but at least you could see his potential.

that's fair enough, I didn't know he'd played that many games. I've got it in my head he's only played one full 90 minutes, maybe 2 full 90 minutes. I agree, if he's played that many professional competitive games, he should've shown something by now.

I would give him a go instead of Sammon.

Sammon has shown time and time again that he is garbage. He isn't going to all of a sudden turn into a clinical finisher. Doesn't hold up the ball, can't win a header, can't finish.

Ball is only 21. That's a newborn in terms of the frontball role.

Archived