QPR v Derby County

Gritstone Ram

You say it's not his position, but can you see him doing a job at left midfield or at CH? I can see why he barely got a look in at Bradford. Decent squad player but nothing more, hopefully a new left back comes in sooner rather than later. As Dyche said, teams are really starting to attack our left side and playing a 433 formation he has little or no cover from the left winger.

No I don't. I think it was a poor buy, but what I'm trying to say is it's not really his fault. For us, who want to be pushing for the play offs need better quality players and better decisions than just getting a out of favour left sided player and sticking him left back. Until jan we haven't got any other options which is why Macca is sticking with him.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a new thread starter for the Sheffield Wednesday game , gritty's failed..

:angry:

I'll bow out gracefully. I really enjoyed the game today. We really need to score from a free kick within 30 yards of the goal. Forsyth good at time but gave the ball away cheap sometimes. Second half up to when qpr scored we were on top and the crowd was right behind the team. The goal killed it a bit.

No I don't. I think it was a poor buy, but what I'm trying to say is it's not really his fault. For us, who want to be pushing for the play offs need better quality players and better decisions than just getting a out of favour left sided player and sticking him left back. Until jan we haven't got any other options which is why Macca is sticking with him.

Can't Whitbread play LB? I'd certainly prefer him in all honesty, but I agree, no point bringing in a loan, it's a position which needs fixing with a top signing, not someone drafted in!

I think the past few weeks have shown how poor Clough defensive signings have been, no money or not.

Can't Whitbread play LB? I'd certainly prefer him in all honesty, but I agree, no point bringing in a loan, it's a position which needs fixing with a top signing, not someone drafted in!

I think the past few weeks have shown how poor Clough defensive signings have been, no money or not.

Clough signed Brayford and sold him for a profit.

signed Moxey and sold for a profit. And Shackell sold for a profit. And Barker was  a good signing just unlucky with injury. The signings werent bad but Clough was too quick to sell them on.

Just got back.They, and Joey Barton in particular, made us look pretty average. Result was the fair one imo.

That said we played very well up until their second goal, and over the whole game i couldn't fault the lads effort and desire. Enjoyed watching Wisdom link up well at times with the midfield. 

Support was class at times, Grant got a bit of **** after the first goal which was undeserved, but overall great backing for the lads. Regardless of your opinion on smoke bombs, grassing up your own fans, especially when there kids, is bad form.

Special mention to the Police at Derby station filming fans at 8:30 in the morning, easy overtime for some.

Just got back.They, and Joey Barton in particular, made us look pretty average. Result was the fair one imo.

That said we played very well up until their second goal, and over the whole game i couldn't fault the lads effort and desire. Enjoyed watching Wisdom link up well at times with the midfield. 

Support was class at times, Grant got a bit of **** after the first goal which was undeserved, but overall great backing for the lads. Regardless of your opinion on smoke bombs, grassing up your own fans, especially when there kids, is bad form.

Special mention to the Police at Derby station filming fans at 8:30 in the morning, easy overtime for some.

Spot on, Barton was class today...

I would blame Forsyth for the first goal rather than Grant.. Could see what grant was doing but Forsyth never reacted.

hey guys i was thinking will huges was struggling i thought maybe ball could maybe come on.

Don't think Ball would make much of a difference, Rather have Bennett come on to be honest. The Hughes point I can agree with, think he could do with a rest to re ignite himself. Saw it with Hendrick last season, took a little time on the bench and came back better than ever. But I think Barton was told to stick with Hughes today.

Don't think Ball would make much of a difference, Rather have Bennett come on to be honest. The Hughes point I can agree with, think he could do with a rest to re ignite himself. Saw it with Hendrick last season, took a little time on the bench and came back better than ever. But I think Barton was told to stick with Hughes today.

Definitely, problem is lack of cover at the moment.

Spot on, Barton was class today...

I would blame Forsyth for the first goal rather than Grant.. Could see what grant was doing but Forsyth never reacted.

I don't like Forsyth but it's not his fault for the goal, grant for me was at fault for both, the first is just a bad ball but there was still a fair bit to do but the 2nd is about 4 yards out and he is glued to his line again, he should be dealing with it there. Sadly he looks the same as he did when he was younger, good shot stopper and distribution (normally) but doesn't command his area.

I think I know the culprit for the flares - works at our place - will tell him to grow up on Monday. Just out of interest, didn't go today, what was the weather like? Desperately need points for the prediction league - please tell me it was light drizzle.

It's bloody stupid - let's hope for your colleague's sake he wasn't caught on CCTV. A clampdown on the use of pyrotechnics and flares is under way following the incident where the linesman was hit a couple of weeks ago. 

This is what Mr Spokesman (who seems to get everywhere) said…..

"The FA remains concerned about the issue of pyrotechnics being brought into and used at football grounds," a spokesman said.

"Aside from the inherent dangers of using such devices, it is important to stress that it is a criminal offence to bring, or attempt to bring, a pyrotechnic device into a football ground. Offenders who are arrested and convicted could receive a fine and most likely a football banning order, or possibly a jail sentence."

The 'jail sentence' bit seems a bit OTT (well, a hell of a lot OTT) - but if someone is hurt by one of these maritime flares (which are bloody hot - I used to sail) you can bet your liberty you will get banged up.

grrrrrrrrrrr

You'd seriously condone us playing a back 4 with 4 CB's in it (Whitbread-Bucko-Keogh-Wisdom)?! Whitbread's slow and not mobile enough to play at LB, I'd much rather have an out of form Forsyth or Freeman at LB.

I'd expect Freeman to have a look in at LB if it wasn't for the fact that he'd leave us with no left footed players down the left wing. Even if he has rocky performances, Forsyth is our best option right now.

grrrrrrrrrrr

You'd seriously condone us playing a back 4 with 4 CB's in it (Whitbread-Bucko-Keogh-Wisdom)?! Whitbread's slow and not mobile enough to play at LB, I'd much rather have an out of form Forsyth or Freeman at LB.

I'd expect Freeman to have a look in at LB if it wasn't for the fact that he'd leave us with no left footed players down the left wing. Even if he has rocky performances, Forsyth is our best option right now.

Forsyth is slow and not mobile! Id prefer freeman or Hoganson than Forsyth

Archived