QPR v Derby County

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't rait impressed with that, to be honest.

Thought we were absolutely dire until the equaliser, then we gave it a decent go, then lost our heads once they made it 2-1. We had a spell at the end where we might have nicked something but it probably wouldn't have been fair.

I was absolutely livid with Lee Grant yesterday. Christ only knows what he was thinking playing that ball to Forsyth. To Forsyth was slow to the ball is ridiculous - watch it, the ball hits Barton on the head, it was a superb ball to him. The amount of times there's an easy ball on (Wisdom was in alot of space yesterday for the ball to be given to him) and it gets hoofed up, then one of the few times I'd advocate going slightly longer and he does that. I don't want hoofball, just pragmatism. Use your head.

You could see once Grant had kicked it the CBs had started to move out because they didn't expect it to come straight back. Maybe they could have been more responsive but I'd hardly blame them.

But what really p*ssed me off was another hospital pass he played to Buxton later - he then had the temerity to shake his head and take Buxton to one side to have a pop at him. Not sure if Legz being taken off the transfer list got to him, but he was off colour yesterday.

Aside from that, we struggled to stick 3 passes together at times. Hughes wasn't himself, didn't think he showed for the ball as much as usual and that meant he wasn't able to dictate play as he can, but in fairness he looked brighter in the second half.

Forsyth was poor again - I've defended him previously but he just doesn't look up to it. I was quite impressed with Hoganson last year. Is he fit? If so it'd be good to see him get a run out. He's got some pace which would be welcome. Forsyth's booking summed up his performance. Too slow, and the only method of recovery was illegal, resulting in the yellow card.

Was impressed with Wisdom. He's pacy, fairly solid at the back and decent going forward - reminds me of Brayford. Thought Bryson had a good game. Was almost playing upfront at times in the second half and his running at the defence was good, as well as his passing.

Buxton was solid again, and apart from Bryson the most composed passer of the ball in the team yesterday. Arguably could have done better for the first but difficult to blame him in the circumstances.

I reckon Asanovic's post is spot on. It felt like their only chances in the first half came from our mistakes and bad decision-making.

Overall though I came away feeling more optimistic than before the game. I thought we played pretty well in the second half and we had them worried for decent spells. They are a decent team and we weren't over-awed in any way and were positive throughout. I thought Wisdom, Buxton, Ward and Bryson were our best players on the day.

It's quite clear what we need  to improve though. A good left back and a commanding centre-back. That would make a huge difference to our team. Support was good too although the flare and singing 'You let your country down' to Rob Green was OTT for me but heigh-ho it takes all sorts etc.

I reckon Asanovic's post is spot on. It felt like their only chances in the first half came from our mistakes and bad decision-making.

Overall though I came away feeling more optimistic than before the game. I thought we played pretty well in the second half and we had them worried for decent spells. They are a decent team and we weren't over-awed in any way and were positive throughout. I thought Wisdom, Buxton, Ward and Bryson were our best players on the day.

It's quite clear what we need to improve though. A good left back and a commanding centre-back. That would make a huge difference to our team. Support was good too although the flare and singing 'You let your country down' to Rob Green was OTT for me but heigh-ho it takes all sorts etc.

That made me giggle! Especially because the Brummys were singing that to McClaren the week before :D

Just got back.They, and Joey Barton in particular, made us look pretty average. Result was the fair one imo.

That said we played very well up until their second goal, and over the whole game i couldn't fault the lads effort and desire. Enjoyed watching Wisdom link up well at times with the midfield. 

Support was class at times, Grant got a bit of **** after the first goal which was undeserved, but overall great backing for the lads. Regardless of your opinion on smoke bombs, grassing up your own fans, especially when there kids, is bad form.

Special mention to the Police at Derby station filming fans at 8:30 in the morning, easy overtime for some.

I was stood near those tw*ts, they weren't watching the match anyway so being in or out the ground probably made no odds to them.

I reckon some deserve to be grassed up, fellow fans or not. It's idiots like that who give the club and the rest of us a bad name - or worse, get someone hurt.

Doesn't make it alright though does it? The point is, they shouldn't have them in there and it can't be justified.

Rules are rules when all said and done.

Just watched 1st half on RamsPlayer. Can't make away games for a bit.

Really poor. Set up to counter QPR and we didnt play our own game. So sloppy on the ball. Worst culprits were probably Forsyth, Keogh, Dawkins and Bryson early on. But they were all at it except maybe Wisdom. We didnt deserve our goal and Rangers perhaps could have had 2/3. They got down the flanks well and we know how we hate that and set pieces.

Martin was rightly booked for diving but the ref was pretty poor for both sides.

It was just negative and sloppy. It was completely about QPR. Like I say only Wisdom can really be satisfied because he had a fullback that looked a class above coming at him every chance.

All this talk from fans/media about Steve knowing QPR and it looked in the first half like he knew them too well because we did everything to stop them.

Gonna watch second half but it can't be worse. That was pants.

Just watched 1st half on RamsPlayer. Can't make away games for a bit.

Really poor. Set up to counter QPR and we didnt play our own game. So sloppy on the ball. Worst culprits were probably Forsyth, Keogh, Dawkins and Bryson early on. But they were all at it except maybe Wisdom. We didnt deserve our goal and Rangers perhaps could have had 2/3. They got down the flanks well and we know how we hate that and set pieces.

Martin was rightly booked for diving but the ref was pretty poor for both sides.

It was just negative and sloppy. It was completely about QPR. Like I say only Wisdom can really be satisfied because he had a fullback that looked a class above coming at him every chance.

All this talk from fans/media about Steve knowing QPR and it looked in the first half like he knew them too well because we did everything to stop them.

Gonna watch second half but it can't be worse. That was pants.

The start of the second half was our best spell. Up to the goal. The crowd was great too up to the goal.

Just finished the second half.

It was nice to see Derby play their own game.

Wisdom was even better. Very good. Although they got in behind him twice I think he was trying to get us going when he was out of position.

Forsyth had his hands full. His flank was the constant focus!

Decent display but they just seem a bit too good. Their defence is rock. Well, 3 of them are. Simpson isn't all that but we couldn't get much joy there because of that Phillips.

Archived