Matchday Talk Brum - Why the surprise ?

sausagemeat

You should realise Derby County is a hobby to some people, they can take it or leave it, pick it up or drop it. Shocking I know, but it is what it is.

You probably need to find another hobby then - one with a bit more red in it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody calls for Wards head after he missed did they? Unlike Sammon.

Oh, but he scored later, some will say.

Sammon scored the winner at Watford. Ward had all game to get goals, Sammon was given 20 mins.

Ward's was the easiest chance of the game too.

Im not as keen on Ward as I used to be. Think he's a good player but he's become lazy. I don't mean lazy with movement always either. I think it's far too lazy to cut inside and shoot from 30 yards.

He's always had his moments but I think now he's less imaginative than ever. He can do so much better because he's quick, intelligent/sly and skilful.

People were probably just taken in by the recent events.. It was boredering delusional but I didn't want to burst anyone's bubble

Fact is, we were fortunate to win at Watford as they were all over us in the second half, Leeds aren't a good side and our goals were hardly anything to do with some fantastic new ideas, we still can't defend set pieces, we're poor in the air and we struggled to beat Brum last year so what made this year any different..

It'll take time for us to get going but our squad is one of upper midtable ability.. There isn't much between us and Brum to be honest, there will probably be no more than 8 points difference come the end of the season.

I am more than happy with the start we've made under the new regime. I don't expect miracles and if we don't make the top six this season so be it. I'm just happy we have a better setup in place which I believe will get us nicely set up for a future promotion push. I am more excited about the future than I have been for 5 years so a draw against Brum is nothing to get worked up about.

SillyBilly is right though chaps ain't he?

Every club has fans who see it as a hobby, can take it or leave it or who just appear when we do well. Bit of optimism about the place and we pull in over 27,000 against Brum who, lets be honest, are not a big draw.

Reasonable performance at QPR added to 3000+ Wendies and the next home game will be 28-29k?

I reckon the test will be Middlesbrough at home on Wednesday 4th December. 700 smoggies at best, before Steve arrived we'd be looking at 19-20k.

If there's 24-25k then maybe a few have re-kindled their hobby!

I can see what SillyBilly is saying because I know loads of people similar.

They watch football on TV

The follow Derby's progress.

But they follow football as entertainment. They aren't part of a fan base. They will come to see nice football and if there's a time we're on the up then they'll come and enjoy it. They don't go to sit there miserable.

It's logical really.

Why do the rest of us go through the ***** again?

SillyBilly is right though chaps ain't he?

Every club has fans who see it as a hobby, can take it or leave it or who just appear when we do well. Bit of optimism about the place and we pull in over 27,000 against Brum who, lets be honest, are not a big draw.

Reasonable performance at QPR added to 3000+ Wendies and the next home game will be 28-29k?

I reckon the test will be Middlesbrough at home on Wednesday 4th December. 700 smoggies at best, before Steve arrived we'd be looking at 19-20k.

If there's 24-25k then maybe a few have re-kindled their hobby!

***** , thats one of my 6 match plan !! :lol:

Just read matchday talk from the Brum game.

Starts off as normal with all the wild predictions of how many we will win by etc.

Then moves onto the surpise at us not playing fluently and effectively, Not playing attactive football , Not dominating and not killing off the game.

Why the surpise I ask ? the bottom line is we are not a very good team and havent been for a good few years now.

Clearly proven by our league positions in the last 5 years.

This team and squad has a lot of poor to average at best players in it, poor to average at best players do not normally dominate games , play attractive football go on long winning runs and win titles.

NC brought and bought some real poor players into the club, only a small few have any promise.

Steve McClaren and Co have a big job to do replacing the dross this squad is littered with.

Hopefully the Wisdom signing is a sign of things to come, players coming in with technical ability who can play football.

Until we get more quality in the squad we will continue to get scrappy games to watch and get frustrated by no significant increase in success.

I finish off with Sammon - he is dire and was a complete waste of £ 1.2 million quid !!

More quality signings please DCFC - COYR

So basically you're saying that we aren't great. 

That's what you get when you're shopping in the bargain basement bin. 

Clough did very well in bringing in championship quality players for little money. The "dross" as you called them have served the club so well. 

Who ever suggested they were anything better than Championship players?

You're asking for more quality signings. Where would you suggest our board gets the money for that? Has DCFC suddenly gained a chest of money we knew nothing about?

Only silly rather deluded fans expect this squad to achieve promotion. It needs a player hear and a player there. We all know that. 

So basically you're saying that we aren't great. 

That's what you get when you're shopping in the bargain basement bin. 

Clough did very well in bringing in championship quality players for little money. The "dross" as you called them have served the club so well. 

Who ever suggested they were anything better than Championship players?

You're asking for more quality signings. Where would you suggest our board gets the money for that? Has DCFC suddenly gained a chest of money we knew nothing about?

Only silly rather deluded fans expect this squad to achieve promotion. It needs a player hear and a player there. We all know that. 

Why do people insist Clough had little money to spend?

Go and show me 10 NPC clubs that has bought a fellow NPC CB for $1mill for 3 summer straight... Go and show me another 10 clubs that has spent over $1mill on a PL striker. Go and show me another 10 clubs that has not been forced to sell any key players and also another 10 clubs that have reinvested what they sell back into the playing squad..

little to spend, losingkey players and barely reinvesting would be Barnsley, Millwall and Blackpool.. NC had a pi!ss easy ride in comparison to managers at those clubs..

Why do people insist Clough had little money to spend?

Go and show me 10 NPC clubs that has bought a fellow NPC CB for $1mill for 3 summer straight... Go and show me another 10 clubs that has spent over $1mill on a PL striker. Go and show me another 10 clubs that has not been forced to sell any key players and also another 10 clubs that have reinvested what they sell back into the playing squad..

little to spend, losingkey players and barely reinvesting would be Barnsley, Millwall and Blackpool.. NC had a pi!ss easy ride in comparison to managers at those clubs..

I didn't say he had little money to spend. I said he spent little money.

Yes, he may have spent ¥1mill here and ¥1mill there, but he also balanced the books. For every sale, someone was let go.

So no, he didn't have an easy ride compared to those clubs. On the contrary, I'm pretty sure the managers of those clubs weren't forced to cut their annual salary by two thirds.

Archived