NC to SUFC

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see him making a pretty good go of things there.  For his faults he did get us playing decent football in patches and his tactical, I'll choose my words carefully; naivety might not be exposed as much.  One things for sure, he'll need to get results quickly & regularly cus his name won't carry his this time... 

It was like Dave MacKay all over...

Please Mostyn, i'm pro Mac now... I'm over Nigel.... bloody hell. 

Nigel's responsible for -

The reason we're closer to playing in the premier than Grimsby Town

The lack of egos and cnuts around the club

The PMA around the club

The tradition and respect that has returned in recent years

The fantastic squad that we have and are able to build on - and you love

I know he wasn't brilliant and he lost us a lot of fans (fook 'em) but he sorted us out mate, to slyly f*ck him off was unjust. 

I said it on page one or two, this is the last club I would have expected any Clough to go to. 

Their record of sacking managers is probably on a par with Derby before he got here.

Using 27 or 28 players already just 15 games in, It will be interesting to see how he goes about it, they must have one of the highest league one budgets and wage bills and I expect to see him get to grips with the freeloaders a bit quicker than he could here.

Unsurprisingly perhaps, I think he'll be successful, this season is pretty much written off and any kind of serious upward trajectory will be seen as a success. They've got the makings of a half decent squad and they were already trying to play football

I'm personally keeping my fingers crossed that they do a Norwich and a Southampton and to be fair one or tow others. Build up some real positive momentum getting promoted and then let the mood and confidence of winning take care of itself.

Would be at all surprised to see them come up not this season but next and then compete straight away.

Think Derby will always stay one ahead of them as a club, but htis is a decent opportunity for him to get a club with a fantical fans base and a lot of potential.

Good Luck NIge. Thanks for sorting the **** out here.

At the time I was gutted and pissed off he was sacked. But the new found optimism and excitement that was lost long ago is back.

Really hopes he does well at Sheff Utd but the sacking does seem the right decision, football seems fun again.

same with me. i just hope he doesn't take our team apart we have got potential. Also i hope we're not still in a honeymoon period. Good luck to him.

Archived