When was your first Derby Match

gordonhughes

only just joined this forum. Picked my username as Gordon Hughes as he was the first Derby player I remember. I went with my dad and we used to stand on the Normanton paddock. Gordon used to hug the touchline which was so near I felt that I could reach out and touch him. It was the 1964/65 season, a great time to be introduced to football and the start of a fantastic era.

Be good to hear of the first memories of other Rams fans

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby v brum 2-2 bbg 1985? Can't remember.

Although I did apparently go to some sell out Boxing Day matches in the 70's but I was only a nipper and can't remember.

probably 86 that Boycie. In old 2nd Division. Nigel Callaghans debut for Derby. He was a hero of mine at the time!

Derby v brum 2-2 bbg 1985? Can't remember.

Although I did apparently go to some sell out Boxing Day matches in the 70's but I was only a nipper and can't remember.

Thats quite weird!

I thought my first game was against Birmingham and it was 1-1 or 2-2 in 1984 or 1985, however, I have just checked the records and we did not meet in either of them years!

First game was at Wembley vs Cremonese in the Anglo Italian cup. First game at the BBG was against Leicester in 1993 I think, was much more impressed by the BBG than Pride Park.

Beat Leicester 3-2, can't remember the goals but can remember Craig Charles missing a sitter and Forsyth trying an over head kick at goal. Can also remember Galooze chants, was he sent off? He played for Leicester that game.

Dec 21st 1986. We beat Grimsby 4-0.

From what I can remember Bobby Davidson scored a brace. My abiding memory was that it was absolutely f**kin freezing!

As for first game at Pride Park, I was there for the Wimbledon black out. Was great fun strolling back in to town with 28 odd thousand annoyed Rams...

Archived