Brazil 2014... Anyone?

StockholmRam

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Utch mentioned some of his lot are going? I'd love to but can't justify it, I'd rather keep saving and go on a month food and drink binge at France 2016.

My lad lives and works out there. He travels throughout Brazil regularly and his company will be doing back up generators for most of the stadia! The Uttox Rams flag will be there. :D

Cheers pal.

One of my mates has applied for tickets so who know's, could find myself out there next summer.

2016 though  :cool:

Don't just use that one though, have a good google around because there's always a chance you can find one cheaper.

All this talk of France has got me thinking, I've never watched England play so maybe I should get saving. Hmmm, planning a family and saving for England games that might not actually happen...?

I think France 16 will be, shall we say, over subscribed? Its too close and too many people are going to go. 

If we qualify that is.......

Well, it is Europe, for European teams, France will be well up for it and the Germans always attend quite well.

It's always been more popular in my experience, I kinda look forward to that tournament more than the world cup.

Out of all the tournaments i have attended, France 98 was by far the best......easy to get around, beautiful country, cheap as chips, easy to get tickets.....and now i llive there!...2016 will be awesome.

especially as we will have the additional star above the crest..

Sounds very tempting too France 2016. But I reckon my bank balance will be weeping after Brazil and Rugby World Cup 2015.

• 4 weeks later...

Rugby!!?

Rugbys awesome!

Anyway. La Brazillia World Cup might not be the safest place to be...

Just watching Sky news now, they're reporting that major drug dealers are promising a 'World cup of terror'.

Drug gangs are threatening to ruin it by buying and selling drugs to visitors, using the violence they're known for.

One guy who's been in jail over 20 years (known as Marcola) is still running the Fervellas - or shanty towns - with 'extrodinary influence and total power'. He's the head of a group called the PCC who last year were responsible for the deaths of over 100 police officers.

They coin in a £mill every month from just one of their branch offices so are in the big league. 1st match in their neck of Sau Paulo, right where they operate.

Wow. Sounds lovely doesn't it?

Can't let these prats spoil the fun but if you're going, be wary.

Rugbys awesome!

Just watching Sky news now, they're reporting that major drug dealers are promising a 'World cup of terror'.

Drug gangs are threatening to ruin it by buying and selling drugs to visitors, using the violence they're known for.

One guy who's been in jail over 20 years (known as Marcola) is still running the Fervellas - or shanty towns - with 'extrodinary influence and total power'. He's the head of a group called the PCC who last year were responsible for the deaths of over 100 police officers.

They coin in a £mill every month from just one of their branch offices so are in the big league. 1st match in their neck of Sau Paulo, right where they operate.

they say that at every tournament; remember south africa and the panorama programme.

Every where has its trouble areas; look at Nottingham for example, you just have to stay clear

The drug dealers won't do anything...

They're intelligent people.. All the eyes will be on the WC and the fans there is no way they'll jeapodise what they have going on and the risk involvement given how much media attention is going to be there..

It's like the drug dealers in Mexico.. They'll take advantage of those in Mexico or people from Central America as it's low risk and they don't have any baggage.. Picking wars with Americans or any other strong nation is just opening a huge can of worms..

Obviously you can always find trouble if you go looking for it as Leeds Ram points out.. Every city has it's rough spots.. But on the whole everything will be fine.

Rugbys awesome!

Oh please!

Don't the press make one of these stories up every major tournament?

Wasn't everyone going to get mugged in South Africa or stabbed to death in Poland?

Russia will be next.

Archived