Brazil 2014... Anyone?

StockholmRam

Anyone who believes all the hype about accomodation availability/prices is as stupid as the Sky reporters making it up.

I have been to so many tournaments where it was going to be "impossible" to get an hotel and "impossible" to afford the flight and "impossible" to get tickets...and have always ended up staying in lovely hotels, getting decent flights and tickets are so easy to get hold of.

Remember the fuss with Japan....no one will get tickets, no one will get accomodation etc etc....what a load of crap that turned out to be with the FA selling tickets for the Brazil game to ANYONE who wanted them...and accomodation everywhere.

This will be just the same in Brazil.

I am still undecided about going over, mainly becuase it is a country i would love to visit, but when you go for football you don't get to "visit" the country in the true sense.

The logistics are going to be interesting though, just because the country is so huge...and of course, England will be in the far reaches of the country somewhere....or on some made up island in the middle of the ocean..

my advice for anyone thinking about it but worried about the made up prices etc would be to go over there, book nothing in advance, it will be totally fine, it's all part of the glorious adventure that is folloing the greatest national team in the world...

Fair enough Musepach, im hardly stupid though. I have spent the last week online trying to book 4 star accomodation in Brazil and it is fully booked. If anyone else cares to try and find anywhere available then please let me know if you have success.

However, ( directed to Musepach again) when you booked in the many previous tournaments and got reasonable prices in decent hotels.. Did you book early on or leave it until closer to the start?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough Musepach, im hardly stupid though. I have spent the last week online trying to book 4 star accomodation in Brazil and it is fully booked. If anyone else cares to try and find anywhere available then please let me know if you have success.

However, ( directed to Musepach again) when you booked in the many previous tournaments and got reasonable prices in decent hotels.. Did you book early on or leave it until closer to the start?

Where are you trying to book your hotels buddy? We don't even know what part of Brazil we're playing in yet..

Also, why bother looking for 4 star hotels? Does it really matter where you sleep? As long as it's clean and in a decent place I doubt you'd want to spend all your time at a hotel complex..

People who stay in their hotels rather than exploring the city are rather sad IMO

I know zou are not stupid, i am just fed up of seeing all the crap spouting on Sky Sports News on how expensive it is going to be etc etc, no dice...it-s the other side of the world....hardly easy jet flights is it...

in the past i have done everything from booking everything the days the fixtures come out, to going to Holland in a car with no idea of where we were going other than it cant be hard, holland is tiny..

The only thing i would say is dont book the flights and hotel yet, we have no  idea where we will be, and it is a pretty big place over there.

Where are you trying to book your hotels buddy? We don't even know what part of Brazil we're playing in yet..

Also, why bother looking for 4 star hotels? Does it really matter where you sleep? As long as it's clean and in a decent place I doubt you'd want to spend all your time at a hotel complex..

People who stay in their hotels rather than exploring the city are rather sad IMO

Who says i would stay in my hotel all the time? Im taking my family too so actually I do care about the standard/ area/ type of accomodation to relax in, inbetween a busy schedule of exploration and football!

Blimey people are quick to judge!!

Depending how many of you are going; I would look at a villa; u get more freedom, better prices to. We have done it before and taken the train or plane to games. I think England have booked their training base, so would be a start to base it around there.

try adjusting your search engine so its not uk based, that might help in prices. Hotels in london tonight are going for 700, high demand high prices but there are ways round it. Hope you find somewhere within your budget

I know zou are not stupid, i am just fed up of seeing all the crap spouting on Sky Sports News on how expensive it is going to be etc etc, no dice...it-s the other side of the world....hardly easy jet flights is it...

in the past i have done everything from booking everything the days the fixtures come out, to going to Holland in a car with no idea of where we were going other than it cant be hard, holland is tiny..

The only thing i would say is dont book the flights and hotel yet, we have no  idea where we will be, and it is a pretty big place over there.

Leaving it until after Dec 6th when the draw is made.

Depending how many of you are going; I would look at a villa; u get more freedom, better prices to. We have done it before and taken the train or plane to games. I think England have booked their training base, so would be a start to base it around there.

try adjusting your search engine so its not uk based, that might help in prices. Hotels in london tonight are going for 700, high demand high prices but there are ways round it. Hope you find somewhere within your budget

Im in Sweden, Leeds Ram which is expensive at the best of times so we are always on the look out for deals outta here. Air France looking ok at the moment.

Just a quick search pulled up return tickets for £609. Sort the rest out yourself, who the expletive needs 4* star accommodation anyway?

Decent that, you got a link.

Found £666 return flight covering the duration of the tournament. Manchester to Rio via Lisbon.

Who says i would stay in my hotel all the time? Im taking my family too so actually I do care about the standard/ area/ type of accomodation to relax in, inbetween a busy schedule of exploration and football!

Blimey people are quick to judge!!

I never said you would.. Steady on buddy

I just don't understand those that go on holiday to stay at some type of 4 star holiday campus and not bother to do anything for 2 weeks..

In your position, or any footballing fan willing to fly half way around the world, I'd focus on cheaper hotels around the best spots with easy transport links to the games..

All I'm saying is it would be pointless flying to Brazil to stay in a place and do the same activities you could in Mallorca or Ibiza..

That's why all this 4 star hotel business is nonsense to me if you're likely to spend 80% of your time outside a hotel.. A 2 star place can easily give you a clean room, internet connection, good transport links, a mini bar and any other basic needs for this type of vacation.

Sounds like Derby is going to have a fair contingent in France in 2016 - count me in. Reckon England will take a huge number over.

I never said you would.. Steady on buddy

I just don't understand those that go on holiday to stay at some type of 4 star holiday campus and not bother to do anything for 2 weeks..

In your position, or any footballing fan willing to fly half way around the world, I'd focus on cheaper hotels around the best spots with easy transport links to the games..

All I'm saying is it would be pointless flying to Brazil to stay in a place and do the same activities you could in Mallorca or Ibiza..

That's why all this 4 star hotel business is nonsense to me if you're likely to spend 80% of your time outside a hotel.. A 2 star place can easily give you a clean room, internet connection, good transport links, a mini bar and any other basic needs for this type of vacation.[/

Im very very fussy about accomodation.

Archived