still in a state of shock...

Mostyn6

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate asked if I wanted to go to Watford last week and I said no, halfway through Paul Simpson's tactical analysis of Watford last night, I asked my mate, "did you already buy Watford tickets cos I want to go now!"

That was me. You asked me. I'm your mate. Yay!

Oh dear, what an ignorant and uneducated statement.

I suggest you revisit the facts.

From memory, I think he took Rochdale further in the FA cup than Derby have been in the last 10 years!

I think he took Carlisle to two promotions from the conference to league 1.

I think he took Preston to the top of the league (better than Billy Davies managed), only to have his best three players sold (Nugent, Cresswell and was it Sedgewick??) and the money kept.

I also think he was statistically the best manager in the country one year.

Problem he had was he was never given a job at a big club and never given 5 years like some managers are.

Your wrong about the fa cup thing we reached 5th round in 08/09 and 09/10 I think

Why does this not surprise me?

Well, I've just come back to my B&B from the Porterhouse North, Glasnevin, Dublin, where I have been drinking Trappistes Rochefort 10, a splendid Belgian brew which tips the scales at a mighty 11.5%. This makes you all my best mate, that does. You might wonder what the relevance of that statement is, and frankly, so do I.

Does anyone know what "We hate Forest" is in Flemish?

Well, I've just come back to my B&B from the Porterhouse North, Glasnevin, Dublin, where I have been drinking Trappistes Rochefort 10, a splendid Belgian brew which tips the scales at a mighty 11.5%. This makes you all my best mate, that does. You might wonder what the relevance of that statement is, and frankly, so do I.

Does anyone know what "We hate Forest" is in Flemish?

I know some latin................ave doningtonian pissedfartius......

Rochefort 8 is better. Me vihaamme Forestia. That's Finnish. ;) Have a great time mate.

Cheers. They didn't have the 8 - just the heavyweight. I preferred the Gulden Draak I had half an hour before - beautifully plummy.

We're the same two headed, 4 legged person.

And that two headed, four legged person spent ten minutes hammering home the "go for the win, don't settle for a point" philosophy to Paul Simpson on Monday night!!

Turns out Simpson was the one that decided to "go for it" when McClaren was in doubt about putting Freeman on or putting Sammon on.

I love being influential. I knew we connected with Simmo! ;)

It's looking good, I'm pleased at the moment.

The areas that concern me are:

Director of Football - this doesn't turn out well in many, many situations. They need to be careful about who they appoint and make sure McClaren is consulted throughout the recruitment process or we risk disconnect between the two.

When we start losing - which we definitely will at some point. McClaren is great when things are going well, but when the chips are down he's not one to take things by the scruff of the neck - forest and England spring to mind. He needs a plan B.

Defending - we can't do it at the moment. The players are good enough, but under Clough and now McClaren we're leaking constantly. There won't be many games where we let two in and win.

Address those and I reckon we'll be ok.

It's looking good, I'm pleased at the moment.

The areas that concern me are:

Director of Football - this doesn't turn out well in many, many situations. They need to be careful about who they appoint and make sure McClaren is consulted throughout the recruitment process or we risk disconnect between the two.

When we start losing - which we definitely will at some point. McClaren is great when things are going well, but when the chips are down he's not one to take things by the scruff of the neck - forest and England spring to mind. He needs a plan B.

Defending - we can't do it at the moment. The players are good enough, but under Clough and now McClaren we're leaking constantly. There won't be many games where we let two in and win.

Address those and I reckon we'll be ok.

I don't agree that the players are good enough. Both full backs today were poor and I haven't seen much that convinces me their underachieving. I think we need two new ones then maybe.

I don't agree that the players are good enough. Both full backs today were poor and I haven't seen much that convinces me their underachieving. I think we need two new ones then maybe.

I agree.

There isn't one player in our defensive structure that in my mind, is a top two level defender. Most play off teams have at least one or two to counteract the dross.

Keogh I will never understand the hype about. Buxton over him every day for me. And that ain't saying alot.

Defensively forsyth terrifies me.

Smith and Grant are at best...meh.

Today's victory was a product of hard work and belief.

We would not have conceded two, been under the cosh, and won, 3 weeks ago. A massive step forward.

Couple of transfer windows and we're flying.

by the standard of the best we've seen, yes they are poor. But get them organised at this level, get them focussed and committed, and they are up to it at this level IMO

Archived