Johnny Russell Out

ant034

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Does that mean that he is left with a hobson's choice of Sammon and Martin up front with Bennet on the bench. Or will the formation change and have Wardy playing alongside Martin or Sammon?

Was just thinking that with Martin, Russell and Bryson all banging them in were on target for having three  20 goai a season players, and also thinking that would be too good to be true we would be bound to get injuries.

I would play Mason in the short term , but look to bring attacking right sided midfielder as with Coutts and Russell both out we look a bit thin on the right side. 

Does that mean that he is left with a hobson's choice of Sammon and Martin up front with Bennet on the bench. Or will the formation change and have Wardy playing alongside Martin or Sammon?

Well, if you sew Tuesday (second half) and Saturday's games, you would see that Bennett is a pretty decent 'like for like' replacement in a flexible 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 with Ward on the other flank. You could throw Jacobs into that mix too. Russell might only miss 4 games.

What about Jacobs? I think he needs a run of games - started 1 game this season, was comfortably MOTM.

I'd let him have a free run, I like him.

In all honesty, that's a topic for another thread, BUT, Ward's place should be under consideration given some very unmotivated and selfish performances this season.

In all honesty, that's a topic for another thread, BUT, Ward's place should be under consideration given some very unmotivated and selfish performances this season.

I'd put him up front now - but yeah, I tend to agree. 

To think if he wasn't so unbelievably selfish against Ipswich we could have actually won that game, annoyingly enough.

He played his best football last season upfront, put him back up there.

Stop it.. Stop it now!!

and, I'd play Ward upfront - hasn't looked rate this season, fill Jacobs into Wards position and Ward into Russells.

Done - next question.

Just reminding people that he is back :lol: what you do you reckon b4?

Archived