Football League Show

TigerTedd

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't watch a Macca interview now without thinking that I'm detecting a tinge of the 'Dutch' accent.....

It's just his methodical, thoughtful way of speaking - sometimes it does make him sound like English isn't his first language, true!

Possibly because Nigel Clough fills silence and thinking with 'errr', McLaren's silence whilst his brain works is a bit arresting.

Everyone thinks their team is on last, Gary linekar retweeted loads of tweets at the beginning of this season, all fans of different teams moaning about their team being last, It just feels like it, when your sat waiting.........

I don't disagree with that, but I'm more moaning about the Leicester love in. Is that just perception? Maybe it is, but there seems to be consistent chagrin about it, so I just wonder, if it is a love in, how they get away with being so blatant about it, and call that impartial tele.

Of course I'm biased in this respect, but it says something when you can't even get a comparable amount of footage despite having 12 goals in your last 2 games, and had a new manager, causing a bunch of interest and media coverage, since the last FLS. There's something seriously up with that. If we're not getting any coverage today, well never get it.

It's just his methodical, thoughtful way of speaking - sometimes it does make him sound like English isn't his first language, true!

Possibly because Nigel Clough fills silence and thinking with 'errr', McLaren's silence whilst his brain works is a bit arresting.

i think there's an element of that, true, but I don't remember him talking like that before he went to Holland. That initial Twente interview came right out of the blue.

You're right though, a pause is better than hearing "errr", or worse still, "ya know".

I don't disagree with that, but I'm more moaning about the Leicester love in. Is that just perception? Maybe it is, but there seems to be consistent chagrin about it, so I just wonder, if it is a love in, how they get away with being so blatant about it, and call that impartial tele.

Of course I'm biased in this respect, but it says something when you can't even get a comparable amount of footage despite having 12 goals in your last 2 games, and had a new manager, causing a bunch of interest and media coverage, since the last FLS. There's something seriously up with that. If we're not getting any coverage today, well never get it.

Lost out to Leicester vs Doncaster. I'm sorry, but in what universe was that the biggest game of the day?

Still, take consolation - the ***** lost, to an embarassing own goal. :lol:

That's why it's better to catch it the morning after on the iPlayer. You can just zip straight past Manish and Leroy/Steve having a vvank over the Leicester game for 15 minutes and get to the decent football.

That's what I do. I don't think I've ever waited up for the 10 second snippet from our game. And I've never seen the programme all the way through.

Well, the FLS doesn't have the budget MOTD has, they don't have the luxury to pick the main games after they've finished, they pick before and send the extra cameras to those games.

When was Doncaster the main match? They had to stick them on at some point and they were playing in form Leicester.

I didn't watch it the other week but I'm guessing v Forest was a main game? We can't be up there every week.

I think the format is fair. The top teams go first and then the mid table teams go nearer the end.I think everyone has a share of going first.

However the pundits are dreadful. Just really hypocritical and makes Alan Shearer look brilliant.

I hate the football league show. It's pathetic in every way. Joke 'analysis' they try and cram too much in. In today's era of technology they should have the red button option for the program and you pick either Championship, League 1 or League 2 and you view a program dedicated to those leagues where they have people who know what they're talking about and highlights of all the games.

What time are our highlights on? Watching it on iPlayer and want to skip to our goals

FLS isn't like MoTD, matches aren't put in order of size/entertainment. They start with the fixture they sent their cameras to, then they analyse is, then they play a few more matches and talk about them, then play the lunch time kick-off, then the rest. Whenever they do a batch of game, the most interesting one is last so it provides the first talking point when going back to the studio.

Don't get me wrong, the programme is absolutely useless, but the running order of matches doesn't bug me that much.

The FLS really doesn't need the studio bit, typical Beeb spending our licence fee for the sakes of it.

The best highlights programmes were always 'no talking', just match highlights and commentary which is all football fans want. A|ll the goals and extended highlights of 1 or 2 games of the day.

At least they got rid of that ridiculous Izzy slot, just need to get rid of Manish and Clem.

What percentage of the show's budget is swallowed up by the studio and Clem nonsence? It must be sky high and offers no value for money.

Archived