Players frozen out by Clough

loughboroughRAM

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bailey was so good, why has no-one bought him as he has been available for two years. He's ok but not as good as what we have. The rest are on the bench, so hardly frozen out.

A work colleague was a Coventry season ticket holder (last season - he will NOT venture to Northampton though and now only goes to away matches), and he thought that both Bailey and Ball were utterly dreadful last season.

You'll shoot/ban me for saying this but Bailey was only good 'cause Savage was playing next to him.

I think it's more to do with the formation we were playing.  In a 4231 with Savage doing the running and Bailey free to just sit in the middle picking passes, he was a good player.  In a 442 (like we've played the last few years), Bailey doesn't offer enough going forward and he's not strong enough or disciplined enough to do a defensive midfield job.  He might be useful if McClaren reverts to a 4231, or some kind of 433, but I think Eustace does everything Bailey can, plus a whole lot more.

What on earth am I reading?!

Bailey did the work of two people to carry that useless pikey around. I really want to see Bailey play without that useless steaming turd next to him.

Baileys ball control is useless, he could not trap a blue brick IMHO

If SM's midfield is going to comprise Bailey, Davies, Jacobs, plus one, I think we might have to wait a bit longer for the next level up.

Totally agree with your comments, pretty sure we will end up with a midfielder or three by end of January.

Bailey's not a bad player but if we want to push on we need to have better players than him. Did ok at Coventry last year, nothing spectacular though and thats a level below. Use him as a squad player until Jan and then offload, bring in somebody better. If there's money of course! Aswell as interest in Bailey, which seems to be lacking. 

TobyWanKenobi

If we had Savage now we wouldn't have conceded 4 last night :ph34r:

5?

Just kidding. 6.

No that was a joke too. I agree with you. Savage did fairly well.

I agree that Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson are ahead of Bailey but for Bailey to not get a place on the bench or even a squad number just seems odd for me as I liked him. He had a great eye for a pass. He's not a complete midfielder but he could certainly do a job. Be nice for him, Jacobs, Etc (I type etc as I can't think of any others) to get a fresh start as it were.

And Coutts. Even though Hendrick and Coutts are both injured. Coutts is a ride sided central midfielder. There were four players ahead of Bailey, then we bought in Eustace which made five. I always liked Bailey but as soon as Hendrick is back Bailey would never be considered for the match day squad. We have two highly rated players in Jacobs and Bennett that have barley been used since the start of last season. Using these two more often would be like having two new players.

I would like us to get a right midfielder as another option, an actual left back and beg Brayford to come back in some form. As for CB. We have another option now and I think that the club should look at buying a permanent CB in January. We need to remember we have two first team CB's coming back from injury soon and two young emerging CB's. What we need is four  permanent (no loans) commanding CB's who can rotate.  

5?

Just kidding. 6.

No that was a joke too. I agree with you. Savage did fairly well.

I fairness I was just joining in the joke. My view on Savage is one of general disdain for him as a self-promoting douche bag. However, I think he did some decent stuff for us at a time when we needed a bit of graft and character!

I would have bennet in the team now.

I think I would, B4. He was excellent last night and I would be happy to see him start on Saturday. As a local lad (from Dennis Skinner country) he will have been brought up to despise the Dirties, so I reckon he would relish the opportunity to tear their defence to shreds and become our youngest-ever hat-trick scorer.

(I can dream)

I remember Clough saying he did have Bailey in his plans but to be fair he couldn't account for Hendrick/Hughes progressing so quick.

We have 4 better options so he didn't play, simples.

If he was good enough to push the centre mids we had he would have been picked up by another team.

Archived