• Created
  • Last Reply

Well the "frozen out" list could be seen as

Jacobs

Bailey (when he's fit)

Freeman

Sammon???

Davies

I don't think there is a lot in that bunch to improve the team as it stands.

Davies- is a steady player who's inclusion would no doubt improve the set pieces but who would you drop for him?

Freeman- He's ok good backup with potential to be a first team regular in future. 

Bailey- Interesting one, used to be a decent player but pulled up no trees at Cov and Clough cast him aside. Can the mack get him back on track?

Sammon- Brings energy and does a job as a squad player but lacks quality.

Jacobs- Interesting one this. He's a player who looks to make things happen. Struggle's with defensive duties but that's not his primary job. Could he flourish under the new regime?

All bought by Clough - All not very good - the clues are there !!

jacobs is the only one that might stand a chance in our division (the old division 2)

MultiQuote

Edit

All bought by Clough - All not very good - the clues are there !!

jacobs is the only one that might stand a chance in our division (the old division 2)

All the first team bought by Clough, most of it pretty good, all the clues are there!

Also, Freeman/Jacobs not good enough? Why not? Bavies and Bailey were decent signings at the time. Sammon I'll give you.

All the first team bought by Clough, most of it pretty good, all the clues are there!

Also, Freeman/Jacobs not good enough? Why not? Bavies and Bailey were decent signings at the time. Sammon I'll give you.

You must watch a different team to me - my team can't win a game and have 2 points at home this season and are 14th in the league.

your good team must be winning and higher up the table !!!

You must watch a different team to me - my team can't win a game and have 2 points at home this season and are 14th in the league.

I once thought the moon was made of cheese, and that the holes on it were chunks of blue cheese torn out because aliens probably wouldn't like the nasty taste of mouldy cheese either.

You see, I can say things that don't make sense too. I once compared Chris Porter to Ishmael Miller. You've got nothing on me, chap.

Watching Derby at home and away was, until last weekend, like watching two different teams.

TobyWanKenobi

I assume we want Deeney to start a few matches too then if we are just bringing back players that Clough thought were not good enough for a starting place.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that they get games for the sake of it, but rather go into training and look on the players with fresh eyes, just to verify that they are out of the team on merit, rather than a bit of a fall out with the previous manager as some have occasionally suggested is what happened with Bailey, Maguire, and a couple of others.

I suspect it is not the case, but surely they are worth taking another look at from a coach, who has been working with players and coaching a much higher level of player than Nigel Clough, albeit semi-successfully.

For example, Paul Jewell deemed that Savage was a waste of space and Clough reversed that almost immediately.

The above sums it up for me. I'm not saying Bailey (or others) should go into the first team. They may, however, get a fair chance in training now. For me it's a personal preference thing. Personally I don't think players should be omitted from the squad numbers unless they've done something that means they simply are not welcome. I don't see why Bailey and Tyson should have had that this season. I'm not sure what message, other than "no matter what you do, no matter how hard you work or how short we are in your position, you will not get a game". Clubs will still know they're available and still be able to buy them if they wish, if they have a squad number.

Anyway much ago about nothing. Nigel saw it differently, he was the manager and he felt that was the best thing to do. Maybe Steve will see things differently, maybe he won't. I'm sure a few players are looking forward to a fresh start.

Archived