New Manager?

Catch 23

Appleton? No chance, no way, absolutely not.

Started at Portsmouth November 2011, exited his 3rd club in March 2013.

The bloke's a rat, immune from criticism at Portsmouth because of their situation (positive impact, my elbow), jumps ship to Blackpool for a grand total of 65 days (positive impact my arse) before buggering off to follow the money at Blackburn, failing miserably with one of the biggest budgets in the league and being sacked after 67 days with them 18th in the table (positive impact, my eye).

The bloke has zero loyalty and can **** right off, he's proven absolutely nothing with his management.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, looking at the financial position we are in, anyone thinking Bout Darren Ferguson. He's done wonders on a small budget, he knows the lower leagues like the back of his hand. If I were the board I'd be impressed by the fact he keeps buying players for peanuts and selling them for millions, and he did a brilliant job of getting peterboro to the champ and keeping them there, for 1 year anyway. I thought they were unlucky to go down, and now theyre scoring for fun.

Eddie Howe wouldn't come.

Steve McLaren shouldn't be in the frame unless he'd come as coach with a big personality fronting us up.

I'd take Pulis, as I don't give much of a **** what style we play so long as we win.

O'Neill definitely but we can't afford him.

Igor would be Di Canio lite, but I'd have him here because I'm a romantic and I like the idea of 3 or 4 Croatian likely lads coming over.

I would accept Mclaren only if he came in on a coaching role with a manager. Isnt he at QPR at the moment? It did worry me as Redknapp was saying on SSN the other week that the role is doing him good and helping him find his feet to going back into management. Hopefully not with us. 

Wow, 

Steve McClaren. 

Whenever I have said in the past 'I think a lot of managers could easily take us down with these restrictions' Steve McClaren was like the person who came into my head the most, as the 'type' of manager.

I would honestly take 21st place now if he is given the job. 

Archived