Something's gotta give

Mostyn6

Somethings got to give  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely the home form, that will change and I don't think we will lose many more from now till the end of the season (bold statement) but would be surprised if we lost 3 more home games, can quote me on that.

I also expect the away form to take a significant hit - but, think it will be better than last season. I think we're on for improvement - if you was to compare results from last season.

Blackburn home - draw - draw
Leicester home - win - loss

Burnley home - loss - loss
Reading home - ? - loss (sub with Hull or Palace, who we lost to or Cardiff who we drew to)

Brighton away - loss - win
Yeovil away - ? - win (sub with bristol who we beat, wolves who we drew with or peterborough who we lost to)
Millwall away - loss - win
Bolton away - loss - draw

We've got 11 points we're maximum 7 points better off than last season, or minimum 3 points better off

unfortunately the fixture list can be your friend or enemy, despite our impressive home form last season we would have still picked up 4/5 points out of a possible 12 in them games.

I honestly don't think it's a matter of home and away form, it's more about the quality of the teams we've played. We've played Yeovil, Millwall and Bolton away, who are all near the bottom of the table (as well as Brighton who were going through a turbulent time). At home, the teams we've played have all been promotion contenders.

Once we start playing the Barnsleys and Doncasters of the division, I think we'll start winning again, regardless of whether it's at home or away.

League season so far IMHO:

vs Blackburn Draw , both teams destined for mid-table

vs Brighton Won but lets face it they were still finding feet under new manager

vs Fester lose, one of the better teams

vs Yeovil won, this season's whipping boys

vs Burnley lost again to one of the better teams 

vs Millwall won but they were on crap run

vs Bolton draw  and they still have not won this season

vs Reading lost  oh, one of those better teams again

After the next league game we would have played nearly a fifth of the season, on current form that makes about 70 points if we win it,  for the season and if we lose we would be on for about 55 points come the end.

Mid-table mediocrity probable outcome.

I do hope we improve and can challenge for a play-off but as has been pointed out we have only won away when we have played teams who were doing crap at the time and as soon as we play a team with a good shout of a top 6 we invariably lose.

I'm not a doom merchant but its amazing how we win one match and we are going up!! Lose one and we are sh*te, we are what we are (a little better than last season). 

So far we've lost the only 3 games I've made it to this season... If we beat Ipswich next week I'm selling my season ticket...

I feel your pain I don't think I've managed to make a live game at PP where we've won for over a season now. On top of that, me and my old man go to the Watford away game every season as it's down the road from me. You know how long it's been since we won that game?

next home games

Ipswich

Leeds

Birmingham

Shef Wed

Middlesborough

5 incredibly winnable games.

I'm not too disheartened at the minute. We're picking up points away from home - at some difficult places. We've played some decent sides at home who are essentially "parking the bus". We just have to find a way of countering that & I think we will - Albrighton's signing if it happens, could be crucial to this. All in all, after a difficult start, we're midtable - this will be the lowest we'll be all season, I'm sure of it.

My main worry is if we get beat badly at Forest, I'll expect the usual suspects to use it as another stick to beat Clough with & agitate for a managerial change. Look at the big picture - sod Forest.

I feel your pain I don't think I've managed to make a live game at PP where we've won for over a season now. On top of that, me and my old man go to the Watford away game every season as it's down the road from me. You know how long it's been since we won that game?

2 seasons ago? 1-0 Steve Davies with a screamer

Archived