When it is ok to boo? ( someone ask wardy please)

twinkletoes

I think a lot of people are pissed off at home more than others because 80% of today's crowd have probably not watched us win this season yet.

I'm disappointed but not to the extent of some of our fans today, but then again I've seen us put 3 out of the 4 performances in (along with 7 points) away from home which have pleased me no end.

Not sure how relative that is on here but that's my jist from what I've seen today.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does Bucko bare the brunt of the blame when there are 3 defenders worse than him?!

Mental.

Because some folk always have to have a favourite to be the scape goat. They form an opinion about a player and are too stubborn to change their mind.

Personally I don't think Keogh is good enough to be the dominant centre half that can always be relied upon like many of us hoped he would (or captain material as other folks have put it) but I still cheer him on and hope he does well because at the end of the day, he's a Derby player.

Gets right on my double d's it does.

Blackburn 1-1

Leicester 0-1

Burnley 0-3

Reading 1-3

If those results were spread through the season then only the Burnley one would stand out.

Bad results?

Yep

Time to panic?

Losing to these teams at home isn't a new thing. Not even when we're in form. In fact it's WHEN we are playing well that these teams have beaten us in the past?

Those are not easy games.

I'm not saying we have a great defence and we create awesome chances. I'm not hiding from the facts.

I'm saying we've played decent teams at home and they've beaten us.

I'm saying there's no voodoo curse on our 'home'.

We can create at home. We can struggle away. If these games were away do you think we'd win them?

Tough games.

Dodgy defence

No voodoo hoodoo

Boo off. We're mid table ffs after a few games. Get a ******* grip.

I'll cry with you in February. But it's not February.

Promotion-winning teams don't concede three goals at home and certainly not twice in succession. 

Look - the simple fact is we don't have a leader in our defence. We need to get organised. The players aren't bad players but they lack the basic desire to defend our goal at all costs.

I have been banging on since before the season started about the need for better central defenders. That still applies. I was also a fan of Gareth Roberts who for all his lack of pace and attacking prowess could sniff out danger and keep his position.

We have wing backs at full back now and want them to be Brayford.

Clough has some hard thinking to do or else this season will be another mid table nonentity. We have the best passing side in the league and yet we don't have the grit and determination to back it up. I love what we are trying to do, but defensively it's just not working. 

Boo

Promotion-winning teams don't concede three goals at home and certainly not twice in succession.

Look - the simple fact is we don't have a leader in our defence. We need to get organised. The players aren't bad players but they lack the basic desire to defend our goal at all costs.

I have been banging on since before the season started about the need for better central defenders. That still applies. I was also a fan of Gareth Roberts who for all his lack of pace and attacking prowess could sniff out danger and keep his position.

We have wing backs at full back now and want them to be Brayford.

Clough has some hard thinking to do or else this season will be another mid table nonentity. We have the best passing side in the league and yet we don't have the grit and determination to back it up. I love what we are trying to do, but defensively it's just not working.

Boo

NAIL ON THE HEAD, bang on post

I don't agree with booing but at the point yesterday that we really needed a lift from the two individuals who should be inspiring the team, they completely failed. 

We went 2-0 down and heads went down, understandably, but Keough did absolutely nothing to rouse the troops. Instead he just stood there shaking his head. Clough was doing his normal sat arms folded routine like he's gone into a sulk because the other team won't let us win.

Witnessing that yesterday made me understand why people boo. Because sometimes it feels like you're the only one who cares. 

Hopefully Jacobs and sammon will start on Tuesday instead of martin and ward we looked a far better team when those two came on.

should start playing Jacobs more at home play with 2 wingers in ward and Jacobs back to 4-4-2 and use the width of the pitch and get at teams. Lets have a plan b Nigel!

Losing to these teams at home isn't a new thing.

Isn't that the problem? It's not a new thing, it's a repeat. All the seasons feel like a repeat. There's the issue people have. Although I agree it's early days in this season, it's not early days in Nigel's tenure and when people see the same problems then they get annoyed. It hasn't helped that there's been so much hype at the start of the season "top 6", "best squad" etc. it raised people expectations and belief that this season will be better so when after 8 league games we've won 3, drawn 2 and lost 3 (the same as last season after 8 games) and show the same inconsistency as before, then people are quicker to judge. This isn't a new manager getting to grips and trying to implement his way. This is someone who has been here for nearly 5 years and we still look weak and unorganised at the back, our passing is good but our movement off the ball is average and as a result we can only break down average teams, hence why losing against these teams is nothing new.

I get the Buxton love in and he is absolutely a cult figure. Winners against Forest and Leeds, always gives 100%, plays like he cares and enjoys it. In fact, he's a bit like a fan in the team.

But let's not go overboard. Smith and Keogh are thoroughbreds compared to the cart horse that is Buxton. (I will reserve judgement on Forsyth for the moment). We could go up with Smith and Keogh in the defence. They may be struggling for form and confidence at the moment but form is temporary and class is permanent.

Buxton's role in a Championship promotion team is a squad player at most. He may be our best defender for form at the moment but that is a shocking indictment of our fit and available defenders.

I am a Clough fan but on this I am very critical of him. Clough, please loan a solid quality experienced centre back to play with Keogh and see the difference.

And everyone else, please stop abusing a poster for making the extremely sensible comment that we're going nowhere in the Championship with Buxton as a first choice centre back.

I get the Buxton love in and he is absolutely a cult figure. Winners against Forest and Leeds, always gives 100%, plays like he cares and enjoys it. In fact, he's a bit like a fan in the team.

But let's not go overboard. Smith and Keogh are thoroughbreds compared to the cart horse that is Buxton. (I will reserve judgement on Forsyth for the moment). We could go up with Smith and Keogh in the defence. They may be struggling for form and confidence at the moment but form is temporary and class is permanent.

Buxton's role in a Championship promotion team is a squad player at most. He may be our best defender for form at the moment but that is a shocking indictment of our fit and available defenders.

I am a Clough fan but on this I am very critical of him. Clough, please loan a solid quality experienced centre back to play with Keogh and see the difference.

And everyone else, please stop abusing a poster for making the extremely sensible comment that we're going nowhere in the Championship with Buxton as a first choice centre back.

Come on Andy, that's not really right is it?

First of all he didn't get abused by anyone. Secondly if he'd have come on said we're not going anywhere with Buxton as our first choice centre half I think many people would have agreed.

What he actually said was "send buxton back to non league football from whence he came"

I'm more worried why a usually fairly sensible poster would not only complain about abuse that isn't happening but would also defend such a ridiculous narrow minded post like that.

Buxton has done more than enough over the last 4 seasons to not have to have crap like that posted about him. 

I disagree with that Andy!! Bucko defends - I would rather have him defending than Keogh, Smith or Forsyth - particularly at the moment.

I think people had an idea of Bucko when he came, and cling on to that idea. His game has improved significantly. And just watch his passing - Bucko ahead of Keogh any day!!

play smith at centre half  freeman full back send buxton back to non league football from whence he came

You obviously don't go to matches.........

How many defensive headers [an essential for central defenders] has Smith won in the games he has played?

You fail to mention the inadequacies of Richard Keogh, on numerous occasions this season [and last] he has put us under pressure with poor defensive clearances/headers and on many of these occasions it has been Buxton who has got him out of trouble.

I consider Freeman to be as good a left back as Smith and a little better in the air, Smith is possible slightly better going forward and pressurising defenders whilst Freeman is a better crosser of the ball.

I see Barker and Buxton/O'Brien as as a better pairing than Keogh and Buxton/O'Brien or Barker and Keogh.

It is all a matter of opinions, however I don't rate yours very highly.

I think Buxton's cult hero status is clouding some fan's judgements as to his actual ability. Anyway, as Roger Davies used to say several times a week, football is all about opinions!

As for abuse, I believe the poster was accused of the stupidest post of the year or similar, a bit harsh no?

Archived