I feel really bad guys i.e. ROK needs an update

RamOfKansas

I'm sorry, I haven't been around nearly enough and haven't listened or watched the one game I could've watched in America.  I feel super bad about this, but it's really not my fault. Between working 40 hours a week or so and starting up school again over the summer, it's been near on impossible for anything besides K-State in my free time.  Lest you think Derby is low on my list, I promise you the Mighty Rams have come out ahead of the NFL and Baseball in my heart.  But back to the point, I need an update.  I've followed the games and it seems while we haven't been bad, it hasn't been quite what we hoped it would be.  The new Strikers seem to be working out so far though as I've seen their names a ton in the after-action reports.  I've also been diligent on making sure I take down Florist fans down a peg or two whenever I can on that really crappy Banter page  when I can.  What's up with that page anyway?  Can you lot not speak English?  I mean, we're expected not to over here but I cringe when I see what those people are typing.

Can anyone get me an update on to how we're doing and if you could, please try to translate it into American football terms. i.e. Will Hughes as a QB, Russell or Martin as really stud possession or speed recievers, and Mason Bennett as the young frosh super star sitting on the bench until we are ready to unleash him upon the world.  Eagerly awaiting your dumbed-down response for American noobs to even understand.  KTHX, Go Rams! lol I should be back soon more regularly and I know how much Boycie or Brummie or LadyRam or whatever weird animal creature Cisse is really are looking forward to that. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been playing some real nice soccer but some not so nice. Jack Russell has scored one goalshot and one twelve yard deathstrike. Heinrick an Cutts have been playing as a quarterback. Chris Martin's been playing as if God's put a smile upon his face. 

**** YEAH AMERICA!

I'll give this a go as I know a fair bit about American football (there will be a lot of St Louis comparisons btw).

Basic rundown:

Lee Grant - Very solid. Made some good saves and commands the defence well. Very much like a stud middle linebacker organising the whole defence.

Kieron Freeman - Very promising start for a player who was stepping into very big shoes. I'd compare him to some of the up-and-coming cornerbacks e.g. Richard Sherman or Janoris Jenkins. Can tackle well too.

Johnny Russell - Very much the Tavon Austin of our squad. We have all these hopes riding on him as the saviour of our club and he's just starting to show it. Can be very explosive and will be very effective.

Chris Martin - reliable as hell, kind of like a Wes Welker/Danny Amendola style possession receiver. Unspectacular but gets the job done. Chipped in with a few goals/TDs too.

Will Hughes - Russell Wilson. Young gun, great year last year. Big expectations on him to spray the passes around once again. Unlike Wilson, rumours are flying around of a big money move, no bids yet though.

Jeff Hendrick - Steven Jackson. Compared him to a running back because of his surging runs. Super-reliable but can go missing occasionally, just like St Louis' running game (although SJax has left, of course).

scott129 love your reply mate, pretty accurate. For obvious reasons the St. Louis Rams seem quite popular in derby but I'm a bears fan myself.

I'm still close to as optimistic now as I was in July. My optimism took a hit when it became apparent Martin was our first choice up top but I'm happy to eat my humble pie and say our front two is as good as I remember in a long time although its early days.

ROK, I'll be over your way for work in October and although I'm not visiting Kansas, depending on where abouts in the state you are, I might be within a couple hours away in Nebraska. I'll take in plenty of football whilst over there and I'm off to Denver for my second week's work so I'll be watching the broncos vs redskins. I'll be sure to talk NFL in the other section on this board some time in exchange for my "soccer" views (however wrong they are) :)

Boycie, Nebraska and Kansas aren't the same state but I believe they share a border (?).... Although on our road system here, I've spent a good half hour on the A52 between the wyvern and pentagon some mornings so time doesn't always equal a greater distance ;)

And Uttoxram, the M6 at stoke seems to be gridlocked every time I'm there!

Boycie, Nebraska and Kansas aren't the same state but I believe they share a border (?).... Although on our road system here, I've spent a good half hour on the A52 between the wyvern and pentagon some mornings so time doesn't always equal a greater distance ;)

And Uttoxram, the M6 at stoke seems to be gridlocked every time I'm there!

hey don't mind me, I'm just yanking yer chain.

Archived