Tom Huddlestone

Mafiabob

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He got in the England squad and spent the following season recovering from a serious injury.

I can only think of Gerrard amongst the English players as a better passer of a football.

Hull have themselves a bargain. A proven top player who Man Utd expressed an interest in prior to that injury.

Gerrard is a good passer for about 10% of the time, with the other 90% drifting straight out of play 10 feet above the intended target.

He got in the England squad and spent the following season recovering from a serious injury.

I can only think of Gerrard amongst the English players as a better passer of a football.

Hull have themselves a bargain. A proven top player who Man Utd expressed an interest in prior to that injury.

Agree with this.

Not many players can strike a football better than Tommy. Some of his hits from outside the box where it stays about a foot off the ground travelling at speed are quality.

If he wasnt as nimble as a milk float he could have been world class. 

Tom never spoke well of DCFC. Not surprising given the 3 amigos were running the club at the time, but I don't think he'd come back. But the best passer of a ball in top flight when he was on song - not sure how badly the injury's affected him, but he struggled last season. Full marks to him for leaving so he can play regularly - still youngish and it's the only way he has a chance to get back to where he was.

When he first got a run on the Spurs team he was good but not a world beater. Injuries hasn't helped him and as some have pointed out for his position he isn't a slow runner which is a hindrance for his position. In saying that Hull is definitely his level.

Huddlestone and Hull ?

Yeh... I'm totally gutted about this... One of my favourite former players and should be playing for someone a LOT better than Hull... I was dissapointed when he was linked with Sunderland!

Tom never spoke well of DCFC. Not surprising given the 3 amigos were running the club at the time, but I don't think he'd come back.

Really? One of may mates is a Spurs fan and went corporate just over a year ago... Said he met Tom and his mum after the game and had a good long (like 20 mins) chat with them cos he knew it would annoy me! He said they both had nothing but good things to say about the club and the fans here... Said he was glad he moved to Spurs now but at the time was gutted to have to leave Derby...

Tom Huddlestone still has it in him to become a top player. I am disappointed he has gone to Hull though, I'd have thought Fulham was a better bet for him.

You could tell he was going to be a top player just seeing him kick about on the pitch at half time as a sub when he was 15.

Huddlestone has got one of the best first touches and pass appreciation of any player I've seen at Derby. I think the reason he hasn't kicked on is down to his size and body shape, injuries and possibly not being given the special care and attention he needs to keep him fit.

It would be a waste of talent if he didn't have a better time of it in his late 20s.

One of my favourite ever Derby players.

Gerrard is a good passer for about 10% of the time, with the other 90% drifting straight out of play 10 feet above the intended target.

Except the facts show different, 303 is the ones that were deemed successful.

Steven Gerrard 393 303 77.10

Can't quite believe this thread is now talking about the size of his tackle.

One of the better players to come out of the academy in recent years, I always liked him, just wish the 3 amigos hadn't sold him for four strawberries and a shoelace, with a sell on clause of half an apple.

Archived