England vs Scotland

abertawe_ram

. Your trying to turn it Gstar . You implied Jagy and Cays were no better than Bucko and Keogh and Welbeck was no better than Sammon lol

I'm sure you know it was a bit tongue in cheek.

If you think they are international class and beating Scotland 3-2 is 'great stuff' then you are easily pleased!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, no, it wasn't bad at all, it was just that from a team of our "quality" I thought it would of been of a higher standard.

It's not a rare sentence to hear involving England but with it being pre-season technically still I thought it was alright overall. Rooney was very poor but he's only had 45 minutes of football all pre-season. 

It's hard to break down a team when they're camped on the edge of their 18 yard box when we're in possession. They had a bank of 6-4 at times tonight, no matter who you're playing you're going to struggle at times and have to be patient. 

On another night we should of had the Rooney goal stand then Cleverley, Rooney, Lambert x2 all had very good goal scoring opportunities. We limited Scotland well bar the Miller goal, the first shouldn't have been that much of a problem for Joe Hart. 

A good work out and very entertaining. 

Zlatan was consistently poor against English based teams though, up until that game anyway.

Agree about Welbeck, wasn't his best performance but he's a cool customer on the ball. Just needs an end product a bit more often, sure it will come in time though. I used to think he was overrated but can deffo see his potential, he also seems like a nice guy so he's another I want to do well.

England squad seem like strangers to each other, most of them don't know how to play with each other and barely any make supporting runs for each other.

Games against the likes of Scotland are always going to be end to end stuff. Wales, Rep of Ire and Scotland want to beat us more than teams like Brazil will, probably better preparation for competitive games.

It's not a rare sentence to hear involving England but with it being pre-season technically still I thought it was alright overall. Rooney was very poor but he's only had 45 minutes of football all pre-season. 

It's hard to break down a team when they're camped on the edge of their 18 yard box when we're in possession. They had a bank of 6-4 at times tonight, no matter who you're playing you're going to struggle at times and have to be patient. 

On another night we should of had the Rooney goal stand then Cleverley, Rooney, Lambert x2 all had very good goal scoring opportunities. We limited Scotland well bar the Miller goal, the first shouldn't have been that much of a problem for Joe Hart. 

A good work out and very entertaining.

a wins a win, aslong as we carry on like that I'm happy.

Looking forward to the quality of youth players coming through though. Jonjo shelvey is a monster when playing for the U21's along with Connor whickham.

I think some of the comments on here are ridiculous - all the players in that England team are either at top clubs, or done a significant amount at another club to get called up.

No-where near the golden generation (yeah, they didn't win **** all internationally but if we could have blagged one decent manager out the lot of them, who didn't hide behind the ******* ridiculous 'well, gerrard and lampard can't play together' - I mean **** me, it's your bastarding job to make sure they do (rant over)  :angry:

I think we are some way off the top, top countries in the world - but, got a good enough team to compete with any side. I bit like what Everton are to the premier league if you like  :lol:

agree with the one above, apart from Whickham who I don't think will ever cut it - Jonjo is another level all together, think he will thrive in Swansea's side and probably in a good position to get a call up to the world cup, if he works hard enough.

I mean no disrespect to our players but the other home nations have to rely on players that are championship level - we're nowhere near having that problem, even at worst. The very, very best of the championship may get a call up - but in terms of Ireland, Wales, Scotland...etc Majority of their squad is championship level, and at best lower prem. 

just got home....great day to be fair.....all respect to the Scottish.....great supporters......the banter before the game was immense, the game was fair to middling.......Lambert looked good when he came on...fair result :D

Archived