Coventry City in liquidation

Day

League One side Coventry City has gone into liquidation. The 1987 FA Cup winners face beginning tomorrow's season with a 15 point deduction after the stadium's owners refused to sign a deal that would have allowed the club to exit administration.

It has been confirmed that Coventry City football club has gone into liquidation.

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-08-02/coventry-city-in-liquidation/

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the situation Coventry are in and if Nigel was interested in this Christie I'm sure he would now be a Derby player.

You lot are like bloody looters, can see you running into Northampton's ground running out with Coventry players over your shoulders.

Sorry if any Coventry fans are reading, we're not all like this.

could someone who understands this in more detail explain what this actually means - I thought that if they were liquidated, they ceased to exist - surely that means that they don't start the season with -15points, but they don't start the season at all!? Isn't this similar to Rangers, where they only way they can play again is to be reformed as a new club and start at the bottom?

could someone who understands this in more detail explain what this actually means - I thought that if they were liquidated, they ceased to exist - surely that means that they don't start the season with -15points, but they don't start the season at all!? Isn't this similar to Rangers, where they only way they can play again is to be reformed as a new club and start at the bottom?

Thats what i thought liquidation meant as well.

On the 11th june they were offered the Ricoh "free of any rental fee" but with "All charges incurred on matchday as a consequence of staging a football match passed through at cost"

I can only assume that all the charges were actually covered in the rental fee, and that the total cost ol the charges at face value actually adds up to more than the rental fee?

I think there are several companies involved, and it seems that Coventry City Football Club Limited is the one that is going under. The 'Golden Share' is owned by CCFC Ltd, and that will have to be transferred to the company that owns the players' contracts. It is that action that (if the FL allow it under their 'exceptional circumstances' clause) will incur the 15 point penalty.

It's more like the situation The Dirties were in a few years ago.

Archived