Adam Smith

DcfcNews12

OK so the new manager didnt rate him or bought someone else in he thought better?

The misery is now complete. Mensa-Boy is here.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol was just trying to get some background thats all, was just being lazy as well tbh, couldnt be bothered to trawl the internet to find out how many appearances Smith made for Milwall last season, why they didnt retain his services etc.

lol was just trying to get some background thats all, was just being lazy as well tbh, couldnt be bothered to trawl the internet to find out how many appearances Smith made for Milwall last season, why they didnt retain his services etc.

Well firstly he was on loan, so they had no immediate right to have him back. Secondly, it seems he wanted a premier league loan, so may not have gone back even if they wanted him.

I'm excited about him.

I liked Tom Carroll. He just is a player that needs to have the perfect balance around him. He's the sort of lad you build around. No good putting him in a team where they don't play possession football well or in a team where he'll be asked to mix it up a bit. I don't know if he'll ever find himself in a team with that right balance. He seems to require a lot assistance. But the lad himself had a neat touch and nice passing. He's looked much better in the slower but higher quality Europa League games I've seen. Our fans made it tough for him after a while though. Good player that didnt work.

If this Smith lad comes with this reference then I bet he's good. Hope he fits.

Loans are much more difficult aren't they. A temp job. Especially if you keep getting sent out to different clubs

I think it goes without saying, he's probably not too happy to be here. He really wanted to go on loan to a Premier League team, even turning down better Championship teams than us who wanted him.

What that does mean though is that he'll be desperate to do well and show Spurs (or other Prem teams) exactly what he's capable of. I'm expecting him to do well.

The alternative is he'll come in and be a cocky ****, thinking he's above this league and doesn't really need to put in the effort, and complain as soon as he's dropped for a few games, getting on the wrong side of Nigel Clough and not featuring at all for the second half of his loan...

I do not believe this... but balance, y'know?

As an aside, if I was in charge of a big club like Spurs I would be wanting to loan players like Smith, Kane and Carroll out every season while ever they were showing improvement.

Only the top top British players ever get to be regular in a top 6 side under the age of 23 because managers can't afford the perceived risk. The young players tend to leave the big clubs when they can't get in the first team having got to 21ish with a handful of appearances and either fall away to Championship and below or make it elsewhere and comeback to the Premiership.

If Spurs kept Smith on their books but loaned him out until his mid twenties he would then be ready for their first team (assuming he is the right player) with 150 plus appearances in first team football with later seasons spent at Premier League level. This approach could save millions (not having to buy so many ready made players) with relatively low risk (wages tend to be paid for some loans)

I think it goes without saying, he's probably not too happy to be here. He really wanted to go on loan to a Premier League team, even turning down better Championship teams than us who wanted him.

What that does mean though is that he'll be desperate to do well and show Spurs (or other Prem teams) exactly what he's capable of. I'm expecting him to do well.

Aye well its the end of the pre-season isn't it.

Brayford didn't get another offer and so had to bog off to wales

Smith didn't get a call from david moyes so here he is.

Archived