2 targets from Premier League clubs.

Nijul_cluff

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been reading the forum for years so don't shoot down a first time poster, but my dad was at the cricket Friday night and Rush was there. Anyway, Rush told him we'd made a loan enquiry for James Tomkins from West Ham. Would be really surprised if this turns out to be true considering he played quite alot last season, but who knows.

Been reading the forum for years so don't shoot down a first time poster, but my dad was at the cricket Friday night and Rush was there. Anyway, Rush told him we'd made a loan enquiry for James Tomkins from West Ham. Would be really surprised if this turns out to be true considering he played quite alot last season, but who knows.

He came on loan in 2008

Can't see that happening

Newcastle United have been quoted a £6million asking fee for West Ham defender James Tomkins – a figure that could well spell the end of Alan Pardew’s interest in the 24-year-old Londoner.

East end sources say that the Hammers aren’t going to budge on what many see as an expensive price tag for a player who suffered with shin problems last season and last appeared for West Ham in the middle of April.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/james-tomkins-price-wrong-newcastle-4881099

I know from a WHU mate of mine that Fat Sam doesn't rate Tompkins that highly - mainly because he can "play" & isn't the typical knucklehead that Allardyce normally buys. So I wouldn't be shocked about a loan enquiry but he's much more likely to be sold as anyone with half a brain cell can tell the lad is quality.

So far:

S Nicholson has followed Smith and Christie on Twitter

Clough said a deal has been agreed and that player is a young prem player with champ experience

The majority of people are saying it is Smith

Sam Rush told someones dad we're interested in James Tomkins.

Twitter rumours and Mexican ceefax rumours about Spence.

Twitter rumours about Nauhgton.

Rumours on this forum about Barnett

We were supposed to be interested in Flanagan but he has no champ experience.

Martin Kelly and Danny Rose were initial suggestions, however it dramatically emerged they are left backs.

Smith has sent a cryptic tweet out that could well be about Derby.

So to conclude I think it was Colonel Mustard with the candlestick in the kitchen.

So as a guess totally against everything and all the people in the know. I'm going for rosenior from hull. He did a good job for me once on champ manager.

On another note what ever happened to that Dutch player we were going to sign before we got Brayford. What's happened to all of johnnys contacts

Archived