Bristol Rovers v Derby County

Day

Useless shower of ****

I had us the -2 handicap.

This was the final straw, I've f*cking had it with Clough, these c*nts wont be getting another penny out of me, not with him in charge, not in this life time. 

They won didn't they? Or I guess this is sarcasm?

Although people say you shound't read into pre-season games I've been quite impressed with our pre-season results..

But then again I've seen a fair few NPC sides thrashing other well-known sides.. Reading just thrashed an established top half Portuguese outfit 1-5.. Birmingham have had a great pre-season too.. Beat a good Swindon side 0-3 the other day too

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from the game (I live in Bristol). Derby looked pretty good and Russell looks a player. Jamie Ward looked good at times, his usual mixture of frustrating and inspirational.

Bryson played well, always busy. Martin still looks sluggish and overweight, though his control and distribution were good. I still feel he needs to offer more over the course of a game. Sammon looked far sharper when he came on. Brayford rampaged down the right and Forsyth was tidy on the left. 

At the back we looked scarily fragile. We would not have kept a clean sheet against a Championship club. I thought Grant looked a bit shaky, Buxton was beaten in the air a lot and there were a few last-gasp tackles in the first half when we got ourselves in trouble.

Eustace didn't get long but looks assured on the ball.

Overall, difficult to tell as Rovers, despite being honest and hard-working, never kept the ball well enough to put us under pressure.

It was a good workout, but one or two looked like they needed it. Too much in the way of pies and paella methinks. On tonight's evidence we might be in for a few 4-3s this year!

Just got back from the game (I live in Bristol). Derby looked pretty good and Russell looks a player. Jamie Ward looked good at times, his usual mixture of frustrating and inspirational.

Bryson played well, always busy. Martin still looks sluggish and overweight, though his control and distribution were good. I still feel he needs to offer more over the course of a game. Sammon looked far sharper when he came on. Brayford rampaged down the right and Forsyth was tidy on the left.

At the back we looked scarily fragile. We would not have kept a clean sheet against a Championship club. I thought Grant looked a bit shaky, Buxton was beaten in the air a lot and there were a few last-gasp tackles in the first half when we got ourselves in trouble.

Eustace didn't get long but looks assured on the ball.

Overall, difficult to tell as Rovers, despite being honest and hard-working, never kept the ball well enough to put us under pressure.

It was a good workout, but one or two looked like they needed it. Too much in the way of pies and paella methinks. On tonight's evidence we might be in for a few 4-3s this year!

Correction Buxton gave the Bristol player permission head the ball.

Archived