Bristol Rovers v Derby County

Day

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could, he's a class act and would be first name in our midfield, but I think cloughy prefers workhorses like Bryson Coutts, he won't leave Hughes and Wardy out so it pains me that he might consider leaving Hendrick out, I would rather have Hendrick in over Bryson myself just my opinion

I agree. I like and rate Bryson. But for me he should score a few more than he does and would rather jeff on the ball. Think he has more quality. Surely cloughie realises the only way for us to become a shadow of what we used to be is too keep hold of our assets?

I rate both of them, but I think Hendrick will go to the highest bidder, he's at a decent young age and he is premiership quality, whereas Bryson would have to step up a level again if you get what I mean? Hope both stay

Our best three central midfielders are Hendrick, Bryson and Hughes without a doubt. Coutts is a fringe player and Ward can be accommodated for home games if we are playing well. I do wonder whether for away games we might turn to Davies or Eustace as players more likely to keep a defensive shape.

I would take any offer for Jacobs who runs with the ball like a sheep pursued by a sheepdog. He has no idea what he's going to do with it and is most likely to lose it. He lacks footballing intelligence and, I wager, any intelligence at all.

Our best three central midfielders are Hendrick, Bryson and Hughes without a doubt. Coutts is a fringe player and Ward can be accommodated for home games if we are playing well. I do wonder whether for away games we might turn to Davies or Eustace as players more likely to keep a defensive shape.

I would take any offer for Jacobs who runs with the ball like a sheep pursued by a sheepdog. He has no idea what he's going to do with it and is most likely to lose it. He lacks footballing intelligence and, I wager, any intelligence at all.

Quite a stinging attack for a player who's had a very good pre-season. To my mind, all he lacks is a left foot. I'd love to see him have a run on the right wing... but sadly, Nigel wouldn't do that.

I think football is about teamwork and partnerships on the pitch. Coutts and Brayford have to start on the right. Ward is looking good on the left as is Forsyth so hopefully that's another partnership. Up front it looks like Russell and Martin or it could be Russell and Sammon. The thing is though there is only space really for two more in midfield out of Hughes/Bryson/Hendrick. 

I wish I could, he's a class act and would be first name in our midfield, but I think cloughy prefers workhorses like Bryson Coutts, he won't leave Hughes and Wardy out so it pains me that he might consider leaving Hendrick out, I would rather have Hendrick in over Bryson myself just my opinion

I'm not so sure about that. I think Sammon and Hendrick would both be starting if not for the fact they've not had much of a break this summer playing for Ireland. They need a rest so I think both of them will be used sparingly at the start of the season.

With the ball I thought we looked good, quite impressed by some of what we strung together. Russell seems to have that striking instinct which Sammon lacks and you just cannot teach that I believe. Thought our defending looked a little last ditch, still think that will be our weakness this season. Judging from an 8 odd min youtube vid from one angle...All hail technology!

It's nice we have options and have to pick 2 out of 3, either way the person who doesn't Start the season as first choice will still get plenty of chances and games due to injuries and suspensions. From last season I actually think the best partnership is Hughes and Hendrick, that's when Hendricks form really picked up as it allowed him to get further forward and whatever people say about Hughes position he clearly prefers to play from deeper.

With the ball I thought we looked good, quite impressed by some of what we strung together. Russell seems to have that striking instinct which Sammon lacks and you just cannot teach that I believe. Thought our defending looked a little last ditch, still think that will be our weakness this season. Judging from an 8 odd min youtube vid from one angle...All hail technology!

It alarmed me when Forsyth jumped under a header and totally missed it in the Bristol highlights, I didn't expect that from him, it reminded me of the goal we let in at Cardiff.

Cough

http://www.thefa.com/england/mens-under-21s/News/2013/will-hughes-twitter-chat

@WilliamAshby #AskWill What is your favourite position to play?

Behind the striker is my preferred position but I'll play where I am told to be honest.

Rio said his fav position is behind the front 2, doesn't everyone say that? Have you watched him? He drops deep and plays from there, even when we played him further up the pitch in the wolves match he just kept dropping off deep so the ended up switching him and Hendrick. Rooney says he is a centre forward but again they don't play him there very often as he naturally drops deeper.

Archived