Most valuable player

Boss

Don't really post much on here but thought it would be interesting to see who put of the new players will prove to be the most valuable member of the team. The obvious choice is Johnny Russell due to all the excitement he's cause but I have a feeling that Lee Grant really might be what we've been missing

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sticking with Russell. I've watched a lot of him in the SPL and have been one of his biggest advocates on here. I won't go so far as to say he'll be the most valuable player on the whole team but he'll be up there in my opinion.

As for the whole team, Brayford or Hughes would be MVP.

For the first time in years I don't think there is a stand out player.

Out of Keogh, Brayford, Bryson, Hendrick, Hughes, Russell, Grant, Sammon, and Ward.

I'll have to say Russell. Closely followed by Grant. Either would have made the difference last season. Having both will be key to any success this season.

But that's not what you're asking is it...most valuable overall, Hughes. Key player.

Non-capped Scottish striker Russell whose never played a single game at NPC level is already our MVP..

wow.

I kind of feel sorry for the guy, you lot have built him up to be as good as Messi so if he only turns out to be like Theo the ****** will start to boo his every dodgy touch..

How can Russell be our most important player. He hasn't even kicked a ball yet.

There's every chance he'll turn out to be a total flop. 

My wife could probably score goals in the non league that is Scottish football. 

I hope he does turn out to be an inspired signing but if the guy was as good as everyone claims, then why were we able to pick him up for so little and why did Celtic show no interest when he was offered to them on a plate?

As it stands, I would still make Martin and Sammon our top 2 and hopefully Russell force his way into the 11.

How can Russell be our most important player. He hasn't even kicked a ball yet.

There's every chance he'll turn out to be a total flop. 

My wife could probably score goals in the non league that is Scottish football. 

I hope he does turn out to be an inspired signing but if the guy was as good as everyone claims, then why were we able to pick him up for so little and why did Celtic show no interest when he was offered to them on a plate?

As it stands, I would still make Martin and Sammon our top 2 and hopefully Russell force his way into the 11.

I totally and utterly agree 100%

Don't really post much on here but thought it would be interesting to see who put of the new players will prove to be the most valuable member of the team. The obvious choice is Johnny Russell due to all the excitement he's cause but I have a feeling that Lee Grant really might be what we've been missing

I think you might be spot on there mate, we may well see an instant change in the W column due to goals conceded.

We'll still need to score em at the other end thou - hopefully Russell the guy..

I believe its called preseason excitement. People are looking forward to the prospect of Russell. And where did it say the "best player in the team"? I thought the question was the best out of the signings.

He could turn out to be a flop and score around 5 goals a season, we don't know yet. But surely it will help him being in a positive environment where he feels wanted. If everyone was negative about him, why would he play good?

I think you should just stay positive until the season starts to have a look at all the players.

If we are talking valuable in terms of value no one can argue it is Hughes.

However if you mean valuable to the team that is down to opinion, the stats via Actim index say Keogh was our most influential player followed by Coutts. Now I along with most think Coutts is a weaker link than most in our team now?

I think the best way to look at it is to say ok if you took that player out the team we would struggle the most.

So on that basis I would say no Keogh and we would struggle the most, Grant potentially. Arguably Russell but that as pointed out earlier can only be a prediction, he could flop.

1 Keogh

2 Grant (if Lego goes)

3 Barker ??

4 Hendrick

5 Ward

If Legzdins left then that would mean we have grant and deeney, Instead of grant and lego

Therefore if grant was taken out of the team without Lego we would be worse off, making grant more valuable.

Grants replacement would be poor making him more valuable if that makes sense

Archived